xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ChicGhic

Recent Sigs/stuff recent

Seeing as everyone else is posting work and such, I thought I'd post some of my own. Feedback/Constructive Crits are welcome :)

quick sig

Posted Image

album cover

Posted Image

I have a few more, but need to get on my home computer in order to upload them

Excellent album cover. Nice, clean design. If I had any suggestion to improve it, I would put the vapor behind the upper row of type, but I bet you already decided against that, right? If you could simulate it curling around the type, that would really be cool, but I can't think how you could do that.There's something I don't like about the other one. It's the pink splotches. As accents against black, they look pretty good, but floating in front of the face, etc., there's something that looks wrong about it. Just my first impressions ... I wonder if anyone else agrees?

wow i really like then. both of them in fact. very well done. the album cover is really great. with the spashing water and all. did you photograph ic yourself? or was it made with the digital medium? and the top sig is pretty cool and all. the body is hawt. haha.

Thanks. Both photos were taken myself, as for the pink on black and splotches covering the face, the model didn't want to be recognized all over the net.For the glass of water, the shot was taken with a high speed camera at my school, and trust me it took several rolls of film and takes to get it right, and some time afterwards in photoshop touching the photo up and correcting and cleaning the splashes.as for the smoke curling around the text, i suppose i could have, but the smoke is just from a stock photograph.Thanks for the feedback, hopefully I'll be able to comment and browse others work when i get some more time.

really cool designs... the water in the glass looks superb... ok any one telll me is there any digital media i mean software that could fetch me the same efffect..i heard Kai software has something like that... called KPT Gel or something....

For creating it digitally, you coud use the KPT gel filter, but I don't think you'd get the desired effect. Another way would be to render it in a 3D modeling program.And then for those so artistically inclined, you could illustrae/paint it yourself. I'll stick to photography, much easier.

I'll stick to photography, much easier.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol .. i agree . my dad was a freelance photographer few years ago and i used to go out with him for sum shoots .. and stuff that he does now on the computer tru plug-ins is kinda cool too .. but u can never beat the effect that a camera can capture ..

I mean there r many filters and plugins out there that do a very clean job as to bring a digital picture to reality but i guess sumtimes reality is better than virtuality :D