xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cragllo

The Sims 2 Nightlife! 2nd expansion pack for Sims 2

I've currently got The sims 2, and The Sims 2 University. The Sims 2 Nightlife, sounds COOL! I've seen some of the pictures they've posted on the Sims 2 website. Yep, I think it's the Hot Date Version of the Sims 2. I've heard that you get this date meter or something to show how your date is going and whether there is any sparks flowing! Hopefully there will be a lot more objects to buy and play with. There's also restaurants and stuff in there too, oh I can't wait till it comes out, I've been flooded with impatience! In one of the pictures that I saw, had like a car, this big elegant building at night time and also those ropes that are used outside of clubs and stuff, that type that you can open to allow the guests in and close to keep the raving fans out with!! Flashing lights, funky DJs and also a bar!! This is too good to be true! Hopefully the new expansion pack will have more clothing too, I love dressing up my sims as much as I love variety!! This is all I know at the moment from articles and images, I'm pretty sure the real thing will be a smashing hit!! Does anyone know anything more about it?

Are you serious? Do you have a link to any articles from/by EA?  :)

I haven't even gotten my copy of University yet - still waiting (very impatiently!!) for the local board of censors to approve it. Bah. Gah.  ;)

The female sim in the picture you posted looks like she's got fangs. Nightlife - referring to vampires and all that? Maybe we'll get Maxis-premade characters from Buffy the Vampire Slayer!  :)

71170[/snapback]

Yes she has fangs due to a new feature vampirism, if your sim suffers from this you will die from staying out in the light too long and so must have your house in darkness and not go outside for too long each day. Also your sim must sleep in a coffin, to keep him/her in the dark.;)

I picked up my copy of Nightlife a couple of weeks ago along with the sims university.The game is great. With this expansion, your sims have the opportunity to have enhanced social interactions with other sims. You can now see what sims are attracted to your sims. There is a new item in the relationship panel called "chemistry" and the sims with whom your sims have chemistry with are rated with a lightning bolt system - 1 bolt being low, 2 bolts being average and 3 being high. This helps if you're trying to get your sim a good match. You can also ask people about their skill levels, which will be helpful for me because there is nothing worse than picking up a sim who has low skills and thus contributes nothing good to the household. You can now go out with groups of people instead of just one sim. This functions similarly to "throw party" in that the group outing is scored. (FYI-Dates are also scored) You can create and manage groups so whenever you want to go out with groups of people, the group is already preassembled. With a new aspiration reward tool your sims can change aspiration. In the past this could only be done with a young adult sim while they were in college. However if your sim uses this object under the gold range their aspiration will automatically be change to "grilled cheese". They will only want to make, eat and talk about grilled cheese. With respect to objects and building: I haven't used anything yet, however there are now 1/2 walls that you can build to break up a room a little bit, however it does not function in the same way as a full wall does i.e. if your kitchen has rotten food on the counter top and is separated from the dining room by a half wall, the dining room environment score will be affected. There is also a new driveway tool, new doors, windows etc. I don't really like playing with cheats, but there are some new ones: 1 - You can give a newly created family additional funds without having to play with them. In the past you had to buy a house lot or a house, move them in and THEN use the motherlode cheat. So if I wanted to give Don Lothario $10,000 the cheat is "familyfunds Lothario 10000". You can insert a minus sign before the simoleon dollar amount to reduce a family's funds if you want. 2 - Give a family ALL the career reward items with "unlockCareerRewards". 3 - Maximize motives with "maxMotives" This expansion pack is an "enhancement" pack. It takes simming to a whole new level.

Theres this new sims 2 expansion called "Open Business" I believe it is already out but I dont have the 30 dollars to buy it. I kind of think the sims is a big scam, your only getting an expansion that just adds one area to the game when you can buy another game for that much and have many more things to do. Im just kinda tired of playing the sims, I have played it for years and have all the expansions for 1 except making magic.