xisto Community
punkpig5

iPod Battery Issue mine dies quickly

I have an i-pod mini an old one from about 1 and 1/2 years ago and the battery runs out pretty fast anyone else have this problem.Is there a website where you can complain and get a new one.Well if you have the same problem or know how to solve it reply or send me a message.

Hi, nothing to worry about from what I've heard :).This is simply like that issue where several xbox's had problems sometimes.All you have to do is clal the manufacturer and then they'll tell you what to do from there.I do believe you're supposed to send it in and have them repalce the battery though.My friend had the same problem, and so that is what I'm basing my knowledge on.You might have to bring it to the retail store where you bought it instead though. My memory=Fuzzy

Try to recharge the battery only when it's whole empty and charge it whole full. Especially the first 5 times or something, this is really important for the lifetime of the battery.

I did a quick search and found something very worth your time to read.

Apple knows they had a problem with the older iPods and there is a way to get help.

For information, go to iPod Battery Settlement Explained

This wil bottom line what Apple is offering and which models are covered. It is a very good overall site for all the information you might need.

If your iPod is one of those mentioned, go to Apple iPod Settlement Page where you can download the proper form to return your iPod as well as get additional information.

I hope you're covered under this.

Let us know.

This is what the Ipod settlement means. Many people who bought old ipods have found that the battery power dies within a couple years use, or around a couple hundred charges. You can mail your ipod in with an application and receive a free ipod battery replacement for free. You can also choose 50 dollars in apple store, or a check for 25 dollars. Personally, i will buy a battery and replace it myself (battery costs 30 dollars), and get 50 dollars for the apple store, so i end up gaining 20 dollars :)Note- this applies for 3rd generation ipods only

I had a third geneation normal iPod, all you have to do is go on apples webpage, find the part about support and repairs...then just follow the instructions.Because i got one of the first 3rd gens, when i sent it back a few weeks ago they had to send me a new one because they don't have any 3rd gen batteries left...Thanx 2 yr warrenties :D

Out-of-topic:From what I've heard, laptop batteries have about the same problem too. (Although most companies will not replace your battery for free like Apple do). My dad's ancient Acer laptop has 2 batteries. He often uses only one but when the first one runs out he will switch then recharge the second one for next time. But what he usually does when he keeps the laptop at home is that he leaves the battery in the laptop while it is FULLY charged but he just leaves it running. This is a major no-no if your computer isn't from Apple. Windows-build computers have a major problem with their batteries. After a while of doing that it will slowly get worse and worse. Of course Apple computers have the same problem but its designed for longer battery operation so...there you go..

My IPod does this from time to time as well. It is really strange. I have a newer one, I bought it about 4 months ago. At times, my battery will be full and then die really quick. Then, other times, it takes approximately two days for it to die. I am quite confused about that.

I heard these don't last very long. Someone even told me they last for 2 hours, which just doesn't sound right so I have concluded that this person is an idiot. Anyways, how long do the batteries last? Oh, and how long is the charge time?

Kurt18th, I wouldn't say that person is an idiot. When I got my iPod mini, it died within a month. I went back and they sent it back the company and they said they couldn't fix it. They sent it to me, and I went to another shop where they just exchanged it for me. The new one I have now has lasted for quite a while. I think it's because the Apple company is being cheap and that's why most ipod don't even last a day. Good thing most stores like Radioshack have a 30 day return.

Hmm.. maybe it has to do with the old "rotten" energy that is in the battery. You have to know that a normal battery does not store energy. I think the single-use batteries have chemical reactions that cause to give off energy, allowing applications and hardware to run. Hmm... now, with rechargeable batteries in use, I do not really know what the problem is.On the other hand, I had this similar problem with my Sony Cybershot battery. I would recharge the batteries to the MAX and then in 5 minutes or less, they just die. However, now with a NEW Sony Cybershot (different one), it lasts about several hours or so. I think it's a problem with the battery hardware / camera itself.

I dont know where you live but if you live where I live *hong Kong* you can go to some specialities stores where they can change your battery into a new one that will last for another couple of years and for you guys who think that they will screw up and damage you ipod well this is basically how these guys make a living so no plus they warrentize if your ipod does screw up becuase of the new battery that they have put in they will be happy to replace or fix it at no extra charge

the settlement blows. especially for pc-users who really don't care if they get store credit from the apple store. I would rather get the same amount of money in check form. finally, like the download progress bar, if you are going to design a battery energy bar, the least you could do is actually make it accurate. Otherwise what's the point?