xisto Community

Are you ready for IE7, is your site.  Just want to read about it?  go here.

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-Wireless/HP-TouchPad-Needs-68-Weeks-for-Additional-Shipments-142584

1064314916[/snapback]

I'm so glad that Microsoft has finally figured out that many of us really, really like the convenience of tabbed browsing.

As for my site being IE7 compatible ... it's just a bunch of text and a couple of simple frames, so if IE7 can't handle that, then it's a downgrade, not an upgrade. *grins*

wasnt thier a topic on this already?? oh well yes internet explorer has taken a huge leap and has finnally caught up with everyone, with less security holes faster browsing and page tabs and phishing filter, its finnally pulled up just behind opera, but can they still gain all the people they lost to firefox??

So true plot there is no way i think that internet explorer will be able to come back from this battle because all they are doing is playing the catch up game and being second means you will always be secound....as soon as internet explorer 7 is out for proper use im sure firefox will be onto the next best thing from tabbed browsing whatever that may be, leaving microsoft to catch up again and again

We should be worrying about IE8, but at least it has "Compatibility mode".I still use Firefox for web development (Firebug, etc) and Google Chrome for my regular browsing. I occasionally use IE8 to play games, and Opera and Safari are on my computer to test web sites in.IE8 shows much improvement in features, standards support and overall interface.

I use Firefox 3 for my main web browsing and feed reading and Google Chrome for quick web browsing when I don't want to reload saved tabs in Firefox.Internet Explorer 8 is a major step forward with its better compatibility with CSS without the need for quirks mode, but unfornately sites have created CSS stylesheets specifically for older versions for Internet Explorer and cause pages to be displayed abnormally without the use of Compatibility Mode.By the way, interesting how this topic which is 3-4 years old got revived.