xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gamerchick39

I Got Some Questions On Video Effects

Alrighty i have 2 questions... Lemme start by telling ya the programs I use... For video editing and such i use Flash and Premiere... anyhooo onto the questions...1. First off i would like to know if there is a way using either program to cut out certain parts of a video, like a person on a pogo stick.. cutting out the actual animated object to place in front of a different background.. Is there a way to do that with either program?2. I would like to know how to create the illusion that one thing in a video is in color while everything else is black and white, kinda like pleasantville (for those who have seen it) what i want to do is have someone either in black and white walking through a world of color, or vice versa, but i dont know how to do it.Any help is greatly appreciated.. and if you know of programs other than premiere or flash that can get the job done please dont hesitate to share that info... ya know the old saying sharing is caring :)

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

For your person on a pogo stick it is perfectly possible to do using Premiere. I also would guess that the other thing is possible too as premiere is a powerful professional editor.To make the person 'cut out' you would have to use a blue (or any other colour) screen. You then adjust the trasparency in the transparency tab on the effect box or clip > video options > transparency. You either use a chromo or blue screen key. Then adjust the variables as you wish. Do do this you need to have your clip in a superinposable track i.e. not the main track.If you dont have a simgle clour background for the pogoer then you have the unenviable task of cutting the pogoer out of every frame in photoshop or similar (photoshop is easiest if using Premiere) similar to how they made light sabres in Star Wars except backwards.Hope that helps, on the second question i havent a clue but would love to know as well :)

:P hi organicbmx

i think you want this prog :P :

Posted Image

Author : Adobe Systems Inc.

Filesize : Multilingual [175.1 MB]

Version : 6.5

Description ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS :

Adobe After Effects provides fast, precise and powerful tools for creating animations and visual effects for films, videos, DVDs and the web.

if you want a DL v 6.0 in french 120.12 Mo :

click here

try and tell me :)

Edited by aminzzlink (see edit history)

Where can you get some programs or sites to make video effects? I have no experience, but it would be cool to do. And great for my site. It has to be easy to use, that's necessary.