xisto Community
Matt1eD

Good Ads - If There's Such A Thing

i don't mind a banner if it's not a pop-up, not interfering with page design, contains no harmful or obscene materials and does not have any errors in its code. The last one is especially important because I used to host my site at topcities and the banner they put has an error in the code. And one of the guestbook entry i received was, 'there is already a source error in the first page'. I hate it... haha...I also don't mind a banner at the bottom of the page but not many free web hosts do that

I don't mind google ads. They are nice because they are relevant to the page you are viewing. Popups are annoying and I feel aren't affective because I think most people are annoyed and X it out without even reading it.

Hi:I too, don't mind the google ads, although these are not pop up ads.I do, however, mind pop up ads. I have a pop up stopper, and I use that. I doubt pop ups even pay very well anymore, now with the wide spread prevalence of pop up stoppers.Sunkist

Same here. I actually hate pop ups or anything that makes me do additional clicking, so whenever I go to a site with a pop up, I'll probably won't go back unless it's a very good site that's updated often.Google Ads are probably the only ones that I will use for my site...unless they cancel my account. With Google ads, you can control the ads or what your visitors see. That means you won't get a nude picture of some woman because you can choose to display text ads. Image ads with google are actually quite reliable also because I've read somewhere that Google doesn't let advertisers to advertise adult material.

Hi:

I too, don't mind the google ads, although these are not pop up ads.

I do, however, mind pop up ads.  I have a pop up stopper, and I use that.  I doubt pop ups even pay very well anymore, now with the wide spread prevalence of pop up stoppers.

Sunkist

188257[/snapback]

i also find poppups annoying especially when they get round your poppup blocker thats why i use fire fox because it stops all popups unless u tell it otherwire

Notice from jlhaslip:
Posting is way out of place for this topic, and too slick to be yours.
There are too many links coming back from a Plagarism search to track exactly which one you copied from, so I'll just issue a Warnng and not Ban you for the occurence.

FrontRange Creates VoIP/CRM GoldMine
March 16, 2006
By me, John Marisca

FrontRange Solutions recently announced the release of its GoldMine IP Voice Suite, an integrated offering which combines an enterprise-class VoIP telephony solution with the company's GoldMine Corporate Edition CRM product.

The company uses the catch-phrase The Power of Two to describe the effect of integrating these two key solutions. "Once you combine the phone system with the CRM or the information management, then you begin to more effectively and efficiently process calls, and the customer actually has a better experience," says Jim Puchbauer, FrontRange's senior product marketing manager.

The VoIP side of the IP Voice Suite solution is based on FrontRange's IP Office Suite, a SIP-based VoIP phone system with unified messaging. "In and of itself, it is a full-blown IP PBX," Puchbauer says. "We're not necessarily attacking that market 100 percent, but we're using the powerful switching foundation as an enabler technology for the Voice Suite."

Enabling new functionality
Once the GoldMine CRM functionality is combined with VoIP, Puchbauer says, a wide range of applications are enabled. "The user just sees some additional capabilities built into the GoldMine product set that they've been using all alongso no retraining is needed," he says. "They're seeing the same screens, but now we have this tight integration to telephony."

All calls, inbound and outbound, are automatically logged for future reference. "If a call comes in from one of your customers and you don't take the call, not only is that voicemail recorded in the system, but it also shows up as a contact item in your task list for GoldMineand you can click on the Details tab and right there available for you is the call, right in that customer contact record," Puchbauer says.

All calls are buffered as they occur, which also enables call recording on demand. "If three quarters of the way through the call, you want to record it, it goes back and grabs the call from the very beginning, for somebody who gets an irate customer, or a really good customer, or a call that would be great for trainingthere's a number of reasons why you might want to record a call on demand," Puchbauer says.

For outbound call management, a manager can set up a call list, then simply assign it to a group of users. "Then from the GoldMine user's desktop, they see there's a calling campaign available, and they click to make themselves available to it," Puchbauer says. "When they're ready to make a call, they click on Get Next Call, it pulls up that record, and it also pops up information or a calling script."

Options for integration
The system can either be installed as an add-on to a legacy phone system, or it can be used to replace an existing system entirely. "We're seeing both types of implementations, but at this point, we're seeing more interest in the integrationa lot of the work we're currently doing is integrating the IP Voice Suite with current phone systems that a customer would have," Puchbauer says.

Integration with a legacy TDM phone system to VoIP-enable a specific department or group of users, Puchbauer says, isn't a problem. "Calls can come in just like they currently do, on an 800 number or through a current employee, and then be transferred or passed through to the IP Voice Suiteand enable those telephony capabilities to enhance the work environment of your GoldMine power users," he says.

The result, Puchbauer says, is that it becomes much easier for a company to add this kind of functionality. "We've done that native integration, so now you can very simply and very easily do that full-blown, very deep level computer telephony integration for IP telephony and your customer relationship management," he says. "Where before it was expensive and hard to do, we do that right out of the box."

Serving the SMB space
Yankee Group analyst Ken Landoline says FrontRange's new offering is relatively unique, particularly for small and medium sized businesses. "Especially at the low and medium end of the market, we don't see these kinds of tightly integrated products coming out yet," he says. "It's definitely something we're going to see more of in the future, but it's a difficult task."

The first customers to pick up this product, Landoline says, will inevitably be companies that already have GoldMine installed. "People that have their CRM package now will see an opportunity to either put in an overnight move to VoIP telephony with this new suite, or they're going to attach it behind their existing system to add a high level of functionality to some groups within their organization," he says.

And with an installed base for GoldMine of about 1.5 million users in 130,000 companies, Landoline says, FrontRange is in an excellent position to provide solutions like this. "Over the next five years, I think people are going to see the opportunity to use FrontRange going forward into a lot more telephony areas of their business," he says.

In google adsense they don't allow webmasters to make the advertisement to open in new window that means no pop-ups. And like some users have replied saying that they don't want adult related advertisements, these kinds of sites can be blocked easily from filtering place where you can filter or block which sites shouldn't appear in your site if you notice one.

text adds, such as google adwords are ok, but if placed in the way or amougnst content they can be annoying.Banner adds are ok, aslong as their isn't too many of them.Pop up adds and banner Expander adds r the spawn of the devil. . . . . nuff said.

I don't mind google ads either. They are nice because you can control what gets put onto them, they pay nice, and you can make them blend in with the color scheme of your site so that they don't stick out like a soar thumb. I think Yahoo Ads are also like this, but I can't be completely certain.There are few other advertisers like this out there, but hopefuly they will all learn from Google and make it like that!

Everybody seems to like Google Adds - I approve! sice they are costomisable and only text, it really does make them look nice on almost any page. The best example I have seen is tizag.com. Go Google, and as you say - "...hopefuly they will all learn from Google and make it like that!"