xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nachtgeist03

Text Animation Just playing around with an idea...

I'm not exactly sure what this animation will be used for, but from what it seems, it would make a great signature for the forums. As you said, the delay is quite noticeable and what I was wondering is what application did you use to make this animation in. Actually any info would be good so we could help you with that problem.

That does look pretty good, but like AzNxSuperNova (phew, what a mouthful!) I'd be interested in what software you used to make it. It would be pretty good as a signature, its just the right size. In my opinion it could do with a bit of colour though.

Text: Photoshop 7.0

Animation: Image Ready

Size: 380px x 80px

Just was fooling around with this idea I had stuck in my head for weeks, trying to figure it out mentally how I would make the animation work. Last night I got bored, so I just took a big pict (of the earth, from space :)), cut it up into squares, and just started manually sliding things around with the layers in PS7. Once I had figured out how I was going to do what I had been thinking of the entire time (which still isn't exactly what I was thinking, but anyways...), I threw it into Image ready.

I made 7 slides, tweened all but 2 of them to 10 frames to the previous, adjusted layer visibilities, and added a 5 second pause on the frame where "Nactgeist" is readable. 10 Frames later there seems to be another 5-8 second pause which I can't figure out why it got on there, because it certainly wasn't added onto it... perhaps just a bug in the way it exported :- /

But anyways, you could use the effect for ads and stuff, I know I saw a vonage add with a similar yet slightly different effect, with sliding squares and such.

I'll post another image, a larger one this time...

EDIT:: Gotta find a space that will accept a 1.5mb image >.<

hey i really like the animation. heres an idea you might like to think about:having it with a background and the boxes that move arnt a solid color but well transpaernt so it looks like the background. get what i mean? i think it will probably be very time consuming and all but it might look great.

Hmm... your description is a bit vague, but I think I gather what you're talking about; instead of having it move all together, just have layer masks that will slide to reveal different portions of the background? Hm... I'll see what I can do later on tonight (darn work :))