xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
enve19

Neo-mech:bipedal Exo-skeletal Robotic Vehicle

For all of those people out that dreamed of being able to go and ride in the gunning robots from matrix revolutions or the ones from Aliens, you are closer than you think to doing this.

Neogentronyx is a US company that has built a prototype, human piloted "mech" robot. Their main reason for doing this is for the robots to be used in an arena to fight other robots for entertainment purposes. The NMX04-1A is a 18ft tall bi-ped and has two arms, this particular model has also been fitted with a flame thrower on each arm.

Although this has purely been built for the reasons of entertainment, the creation of it could lead onto helping out the human race in many aspects of life.

The company has a website, with video footage and pictures of the robot. You can also invest in the production of the worlds first Mecha.

You can read up on all the information at Neogentronyx

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

whoa!!!! i don't believe they finally managed to do it!!! this seems to be a major breakthrough, but worries me about one thing... it is in human nature to not use such "amazing" things for the purpose they are made (i.e. benefit of the society) but, as i envision it, it could only mean the army soldiers who are already so highly-armed, now in mechs which protect them and give them additional lethal weapons. it will be interesting to see how Neogentronyx keeps this technology away from future wars.

First of all, I gotta give props to this guy for actually attempting a project like this on his own without much funding. It's quite an ambitious goal, but honestly, I don't think it'll be successful because of the lack of support behind the project. From what I viewed in the videos, they're a long way to arena combat since the Mech can barely walk. Regardless, I'd like to see what kind of progress can be made in this field of science and technology.