xisto Community
volrathxiii

The Best Database What do you think is the best database?

any database should be fine as long as there's a support for SQL!At the same time, choosing the right database for your application matters a lot. MySQL for web applications is one of the best choice. If one is working under .NET platform, SQL Server is recommended. So it's totally with the developer what he choose to.I've been using MySQL quite long. Now I'm exporting my database to SQL Server, as I found I need an upgrade. :P

For me, it's MySQL! Why? Well there is a lot of reasons...Here are some of the good reasons:1. Easy to use and user friendly !2. Its free!3. Open source! Meaning you can modify with what you like or how you like it to work! Amazing right?! :P4. its a community based Program!5. There are a lot of guides around that will help you fix your problem if you're in trouble!6. Fast! Incredibly fast! And here's a few bad reasons why not choose MySQL:1. Because its open source , a lot of good programmers out there can easily modify it and use it to do such malicious acts!2. There are ISP who block port 3306 w/c is the default port of MySQL! :P

I agree to the majority: currently, mysql is the best database.

for beginners as for advanced users.. because it can be used with myphpadmin(very easily tool)..

well as dandare I am a fan of mySQL dbs... i've used another dbs, but I always found something that did not please me.. like Access db that u can take the file(.mdb) just knowing your name and location..yes, it haves fix but i cant operate with this kinda of dbs... well this is something particular hehe..

if u want to see a simple example of using MySQL dbs.. look my post of a Login System here

cya

Edited by Impious (see edit history)

I am always an opensource fan.. I go for MySql!!! It is also the only database that I tried to use. I doesnt really matter for me as long as it is easy as MS Access! hehe.. I dont have a choice anyway since i am using LAMP on my ZenWalk Linux Box and I use XAMPP on my Windows box.

Edited by dewslat (see edit history)