xisto Community
sunny152

Broadband Dialup Connection Help

I'm using broadband dialup internet connection(PPPOE) using XP pro operating system.Now i wan't this dialup connection to be connected automatically whenever i switch on my computer.so is it possible?Thanks,sunny

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

I'm using broadband dialup internet connection(PPPOE) using XP pro operating system.Now i wan't this dialup connection to be connected automatically whenever i switch on my computer.so is it possible?

Thanks,

sunny

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do this ....................

How do I get PPPoE in Windows XP to log in automatically on boot?

Note: Remember PPPoE is now native to Windows XP.

1) In Control Panel open "Network Connections"

2) Right click on your broadband connection icon and select "Properties"

3) Uncheck "Prompt for name and password..."

4) Click "OK"

5) Open your "C:/Documents and settings" folder

6) Open the "All Users" folder

7) Open the "Start Menu" folder

8) Open the "Programs" folder

9) Go to your Programs Folder -> Startup

9) Copy a short-cut of your Broadband Connection, from the Network Connections folder in to the "Startup" folder

I hope this helps.

Rodney Lay

How do I get PPPoE in Windows XP to log in automatically on boot?

Note: Remember PPPoE is now native to Windows XP.

1) In Control Panel open "Network Connections" 2) Right click on your broadband connection icon and select "Properties" 3) Uncheck "Prompt for name and password..." 4) Click "OK" 5) Open your "C:/Documents and settings" folder 6) Open the "All Users" folder 7) Open the "Start Menu" folder 8) Open the "Programs" folder 9) Go to your Programs Folder -> Startup 9) Copy a short-cut of your Broadband Connection, from the Network Connections folder in to the "Startup" folder

If that does not work for you, try this:

Create a shortcut for your Broadband Connection, place it on your desktop Go to Start Menu -> "Programs" -> "System Tools" -> "Scheduled Tasks" Double click "Add Scheduled Task" Click "Next" Click "Browse" -> browse to the shortcut you had placed on your desktop -> Select it -> Click "Open" Click "When my computer starts" Click "Next" Enter the Username and password for the administrator on your PC, if you do not use passwords to log in, leave it blank -> Click "Next" Click "Finish"

Configuring Ubuntu 9.10 to work with BSNL Broadband in bridge modeBroadband Dialup Connection Help

Hello,Can anyone please help me by giving instructions as to how to set up ubuntu 9.10 to work with BSNL broadband in bridge mode with my username and password. This works in windows but in Ubuntu even when I use my username andPassword in DSL settings of Network connections. I use the sameProcedure that I used in ubuntu 9.04, but it does not work in Ubuntu9.10.Thanks in anticipation for your help.

-question by Anil Sarwal