xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheKnowledge

Add More Icons/Smilies And Make Codes For Them When it comes to messageboards and forum

I couldn't find a good answer when I searched through the forum, so I'll just ask; How can I add more "smilies" (want to add cards for a pokerforum), and create codes for them?The way I see it there is no easy backend feature for this, so I guess I'll have to enter the .html and. php and .css files on this, but which ones, and how do I make it so that new codes point to new pictures in smilies folder?I'm using a PHP Simpleboard component for Mambo.

Each forum boardhave an images folder somewhere in its installated directory. Go find that one, most of the time it is under the sub folder of smillies.. If you overwrite the old smilies and replace them with new ones with the exact file names.. the new files will be displayed...there is a problem regarding this, most forum boards have a central control panel for adding and removing smilies, most of the time they also pose a scaling factor to smilies based on the remembered dimensions..expect that when you overwrite or replace a 10 x 10 pixel smiley with a 1inch x 1inch image, the new image will appear as 10 x 10 pixel..Try to read the manuals first to check if they allow you to add smilies..----------- ciao