xisto Community
JMC1405241503

How To Develop A Java Application? Unable to learn Java as fast as I want

I want to start the development of a Java application. But I am not able to start. I am used to work with macro languages like Uniface from Compuware, where information was limited. Now, with Java, I have so much to read that I have no more idea how to code.Could you help me? What should I start with? Do you know where to find a small well-documented Java application that I could study for learning?

Well for starters you can check out the Sun Java tutorials. They are freely Available from Sun's Website. I dont know if Uniface is Object Orriented Language but It may help to start off with Introduction to Object Orriented Programming. Thinking in Java from BruceEckel (a freely avialable ebook) is an excellet book . But its quite advanced.If you just want to start playing around with Java Programming i would suggest that you get NetBean IDE 4.1. NetBeans used to be a part of Sun but now its an independent organization which is supported by Sun. The IDE is probably the Best Free IDE out there.Try searching for Netbeans tutorials (which I am sure would give you what you want)

For any languages that relate well to the internet, such as scripting languages and java, I find that pageresource.com offers excellent tutorials. To get started, I recommend the first to links on its java pages. They got me started and were easy to follow as well. I also give my vote to the sun tutorial, and you can find it through pageresource as well.~Viz