xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Trekkie101

T101!

Well my site used to have 83 themes, 25 smiley sets, and 11 languages, now it has 1 theme, 1 smiley set and 1 language.

But it has content, a lot of original and good content it is!

Anyway T101! is my site, I dont have any pages, just a forum, a pretty active one at that.

We would love anyone to come and join us, or just anyone to make suggestions on what we could do to make ourselfs better.

We do intend to install more themes and such again, when SMF 1.1 is fully stable

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Like?

It's certainly large enough, with 70+ members. It's funny, you have loads of posts, but there never seems to be people posting, lol. Well, there are, but it just seems that there are not for some reason. :P Anyways, it seems a good community, not very much admin presence, in that the admin team don't go about posting and highlighting the fact that they are admins. Do you have any moderation staff? The forum seems to be quite "free". Mind you, that's probably why you have such a large and popular forum. I'm not trying to be rude, it's just I find it a little intimidating, whereas Xisto is very clean and it feels comforting.Hope this constructive criticism helps! :P

It does thanks. We do have a very big admin team, we dont really have moderators, we found that pointless. We used to go by a full sort of chain of command thing, but it doesnt gain anything, so now we just act normally. Were mostly all UK visitors thats why we never really seem to get many people posting at alternate times, but most nights (GMT) we get really busy.

It's really hard to comment on a forum-only website, but I was able to do it with NilsC's site, so I'll be able to do it with yours also. The skin is okay, it's nothing over-the-top nor is it destructive to the eye. Mind you, it's nothing fantastic. I think you could adjust the colors just a tad. But that's just my opinion, take it for what it's worth - a penny maybe? :P

It's really hard to comment on a forum-only website, but I was able to do it with NilsC's site, so I'll be able to do it with yours also. The skin is okay, it's nothing over-the-top nor is it destructive to the eye. Mind you, it's nothing fantastic. I think you could adjust the colors just a tad. But that's just my opinion, take it for what it's worth - a penny maybe? :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Trek and I both own forums and we have both upgraded to SMF 1.1 beta 3 public, so I can say something about this. As per Trek's first post, he used to have many themes, but when you upgrade to 1.1b3p, you are supposed to uninstall all mods and themes, so this is why there is just a boring plain theme, or at least I think it's boring and plain. A note to Trek: Get Neptune from Bloc. Here's a preview.

Trek and I both own forums and we have both upgraded to SMF 1.1 beta 3 public, so I can say something about this. As per Trek's first post, he used to have many themes, but when you upgrade to 1.1b3p, you are supposed to uninstall all mods and themes, so this is why there is just a boring plain theme, or at least I think it's boring and plain. A note to Trek: Get Neptune from Bloc. Here's a preview.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think he actually needs that many of themes necessarily. I think just two or three would do. But what do I know? It's not my board. :P