xisto Community
sunny152

Pentium Mobile Processors

I wan't to buy new laptop for the desktop replacement.I require powerful processor for getting same performance of mobile pentium4 with HT technology.Now Intel released new pentium Mobile processor using centrino technology and in my case battery life is not important for me as i use most of the AC power.so which processor is powerful better either pentium Mobile processor(centrino) or mobile pentium 4 with HT ?

If you are looking for power only i would recomend going with simple P4 HT , or even better Athlon64.Battery Life in most laptops these days is around 5-6 hours give or take for any CPU..as batteries used in any laptop are of similar specs.I just worked on two Centrenio Laptops and they worked for me ok. But if i really want to replace my desktop it will be an Athlon64 with 1 GB Ram and 60+GB hdd

The thing with the Pentium M Processors is that if it says like "Inspiron 6000 Pentium M 1500 Processor" it is saying that the Processor is running at about 3.0 Ghz. I think the highest Pentium M that you can get is 2.13 Ghz which is actually about 3.8 Ghz on a normal processor

If you are looking for power only i would recomend going with simple P4 HT ,

or even better Athlon64.

Battery Life in most laptops these days is around 5-6 hours give or take for any CPU..as batteries used in any laptop are of similar specs.

I just worked on two Centrenio Laptops and they worked for me ok. But if i really want to replace my desktop it will be an Athlon64 with 1 GB Ram and 60+GB hdd

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At present i'm having Mercury laptop having Cyrix C-3 nehemiah processor and now is it possible to replace C-3 processor with Athlon 64 processor?can i do this?

Its funny that you used that specific example Loganbest. I personally am using a Dell Inspiron 6000, but I chose to go with a slight upgrade to the Pentium M 1.6GHz with 1Gig of DDR2 RAM and a 60Gig HDD. I purchased this to be a Desktop replacement as I am off to college soon. Performance is everything that I had expected. It runs quite well especially with the ATI x300 Mobility graphics card. Anyway, thats just the option that I took, but I hope you find what you're looking for.

I love my laptop, it's more powerful than my desktop and it's whisper quiet. Best of all it's thin and light and it was half price when I got it.I am using a Pentium M 725, which has 2MB L2 Cache and is running at 1.6 GHZ.I'd recommend these over the Athlon 64 bits because they are more efficient and have better power managerment and mine has 8h battery life.