xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
imajin8shun

Reseting Account can I get it all back to default?

I think I've made some mistakes when uploading files through ftp and I have folders everywhere and I don't know which ones I need to delete, so I was wondering if there was like a tool or something in the cpanel that would reset my account restoring all files to default.

This is why I downloaded all the folders in my hosting account, in case I messed up. It could help if you just listed the folders here. We may be able to easily save your account. If it has to be reset, uhm I don't even know how to do that so about that I can't help you. That will have to be NilsC or OpaQue then.ps. When you're uploading a site, put it in the Public_html folder.

Okay here's the story - when you FTP to your account, apart from your own folders you'll see a couple of normal folders and some folders and files beginning with a "."

Here's what you SHOULD NOT DELETE:

public_html

public_ftp

mail

tmp

Any files or folders beginning with a "."

Rest all you can wipe out at peace... but don't touch the ones mentioned above - or else your account might start malfunctioning.

Other than that, as moonwitch said, next time when you upload your website, either do it in the public_html folder or the link called www. Both are essentially the same. public_html is a real folder and www is a symbolic link which actually points to public_html. So anything you read or write to www gets redirected to public_html. Always remember, www <--> public_html.

Regards,

m^e