xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jedipi

Microsoft Confirms Code Execution Hole In Ie

Microsoft confirmed a security flaw in Internet Explorer browser could be potentially
exploited by malicious hackers to take "take complete control of the affected system."

IE users set Internet and local intranet security zone should be set to "High" before
running ActiveX controls in these zones

This is a serious security flaw. All supported versions of Internet Explorer,
including IE 6.0 in Windows XP SP 2 (Service Pack 2) are affected.

Microsoft promised a patch would be made available this time. Good to here that. :P

Here is the recommendation from Microsoft:

Raise the browsing security level in Microsoft Internet Explorer, via Tools > Internet Options > Security Tab > Internet icon.

"Under Security level for this zone, move the slider to High. This sets the security level for all Web sites you visit to High. If no slider is visible, click Default Level, and then move the slider to High."

Source:
eWEEK

Oof! I hate security flaws... I WOULD'VE setted the security level to high if it wasn't for that JAVASCRIPT, required to make fast reply appear, was disabled and JAVA, used to play my favourite game, was disabled. Now I use custom options :P

Heh.. whats new about it ? First, Microsoft is always late in admitting that it has security holes - where other opensource browsers immediately declare the flaw and come up with patches, Microsoft will admit like once in a year - and come out with the patch sometime the following year - it's always been their policy. Nothing new .. heh.. once a crook always a crook.. I really don't understand their vain pride about the worst OS on earth..

m^e, let us not, the highly respected admins and moderators, bash OSes. Not everyone has the knowhow to run Linux because there is no boot it up and it runs (or crashes in Windows' case [sometimes I mean]) version of Linux, so much can only be done from terminal. It is good to know that MS has promised a patch, but I still recommend that everyone use firefox or netscape unless a site specifically calls for IE.~Viz