xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zorlen

New Hl2 Mod: Eclipse

This is a very interesting mod. Unfortunately it's REALLY short right now, but it's really fun nonetheless. This single player, fantasy styled mod has some backstory that isn't really fleshed out at the moment, and I can't remember it anyways. :P But, it centers around some woman who can use telekinesis. This is what makes this mod so cool. There are no weapons with which you defend yourself against the denizens of this universe, so you have to make use of your intellectual talents to survive. Using your telekinesis, you can pick up any random heavy objects lying around and then hurl them at your enemies, sorta like the gravity gun. But, unlike the gravity gun, you can pick up more than one object at a time before hurling them at something. This is where it really gets fun. I don't know if there's a limit to how much you can pick up, but I had 20 objects ready to throw at some hapless creature at one point. By the way, the objects that you pick up with your mind don't move around with you; they hover in one location. so be careful where you aim, because you may end up in your own crosshairs. If given time to make many more levels (there's only 4 and they're short :P ) this could be a great single player experience. If they decide to make this multiplayer... that would simply be ungodly fun :P

You can get it off of fileplanet.

Here are some screenshots that I took while playing:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I think it's cool that CelTech Studios, the group of students who did this mod, did it as a school project. Unfortunately, last I heard the school program they did it for has the rights to it. That and they'll all have jobs to take up a lot of time. I hope that they'll be able to get some more done on this mod, to make this amazing experience last even longer.By the way, I still haven't found the edit button for your posts on this forum :P A little help would be appreciated lol

That sort of sickens me to hear that the school gets the rights to their project. I'm going to DeVry University and if they took the rights of any software that I make that would have a posibility of making money I would be very disapointed. They should keep the rights to what they made. But, anyways I agree it looks like it has some great possibilities with that mod. I'd love to see it grow into like an MMO game even if you could only have like 24 people in at once.