xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SpartacusUSTASA

Civilization IV

The Civilization Four game looks pretty good.2005 will witness the release of Sid Meier's Civilization IV, the latest and coolest installment in the greatest strategy game series of all time. Civilization IV features breathtaking 3D graphics, cool reward movies, brilliant audio and music, and, most importantly, the best and most addictive gameplay of any strategy game ever created. As a matter of fact, Time magazine has named Civ IV one of the hottest new games this year!A game of remarkable depth, Civilization IV spans the entirety of human history, from the stone age to the space age. At the start you choose the nation you want to lead. At first, your people are primitive stone-age villagersand its your job to guide their development and research technologies to drive their advancement. They begin by discovering more primitive technologies such as sailing, archery, mysticism, and mining; eventually - if they survive - you will lead your people to the modern era and beyond, becoming the greatest ruler in history.During the game, you will meet other growing civilizations - the United States, Mongolia, Persia, China, India, France - there are 18, each ruled by famous historical figures. Each civilization has its own special military units and strategies - some are fairly peaceful, while others are expansionists and conquerors. You will battle your foes with a huge arsenal of weapons, beginning with primitive archers and warriors, then catapults, knights and frigates, and eventually with modern tanks, submarines, mobile infantry, helicopter gunships, stealth bombers, and nuclear weapons. However, Civilization IV is more than just a great combat game: you can achieve victory through global conquest, diplomatic cunning, cultural or religious alliances, and technological dominance.Sid Meier's Civilization IV offersthe most fun, addictive and visually exciting Civ experience ever. In addition to faster mid- and late-game AI turns, as well as vastly improved graphics and audio, Civilization IV offers greater control over your civilization's government and religions, while at the same time de-emphasizing the less fun portions of the earlier games (cleaning up pollution, for example). Further, Civilization IV has been designed from the ground-up to deliver fantastic multiplayer gaming options, as well as easy modding - allowing you to create new units, game maps, scenarios, and even entire new civilizations!Sid Meier's Civilization IV is scheduled for release in winter of 2005. Check this space often for further updates.

I can't wait till this game comes out, I'm a big fan of Civilization. I have Civ. III and a bunch of old ones (even knock-offs). I found Civ. III pretty challenging, but then again I was never really good at Civilzation. Anyways, can't wait, hopefully for my sake it won't be much harder than Civ. III.

i never really played Civ 3 only for some time with my friend at his house, but i didn't quite like it, so not waiting for Civ 4, due to I don't really like the new rules and stuff, I played for years Civ 1 and it was one of the best games played for me, finished it a lot of times. I also now (for some years) play freeciv with civ 2 ruleset you can get info at http://freeciv.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page playing it thru internet with other people is great, the AI is good, but i don't prefer it..

I agree, Civiliation 4 is a very cool game. It shows the world from thousands of years ago to the future. Wars and trade, many ifferent scenarios. I highly reccomend it. It is an excellent game to play. If you do not like world history or ruling towns and people, this game is not for you.

i bought Civilisation 4... and i have to say i like it... i played all the titles... even tough the only game i managed to be good at it was civilisation 2... i don't know why...anyway... i like this game... and the only thing i don't like about it are the battles, wich i find a little wierd... but it's an overall good game... and it's quite addictive :huh: !