xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jeigh1405241495

New Account Says Improper Disk Usage? New account has large disk usage...

Hi, I just registered for a new account and uploaded what will eventually be my website. What I uploaded was probably under half a meg of data, tops (like I said, just the beginning) so I was poking around in the cpanel and noticed it said my disk usage was 150.81/150mb :| Now I don't know, but I think theres something wrong with that haha. Now it let me upload data still so I figured maybe it was a mistake but upon looking around at the fantastico section I noticed it said I don't have the room left to install a 1-2mb add-on?? I can't imagine it was anything I did to cause this so I was just wondering how to go about emptying up what seems to be a mass of data on my account?(Oh and in my disk usage viewer it shows file sizes that would be a few megs or so at most added up, not 150+...)

I think what we need is a bit of admin support to sort this out... so... HEEEEEEEEEEEEELP... that is all

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mmm.. I got an e-mail stating that my disk usage was critical, when I looked around my CPanel.. things looked pretty all right, but I went ahead and did a bit of deleting my log files which were building up.. but other than that... nothing seems out of the place.. lols.. but I guess its okay to get a scare every once in a while just so you drop in on your account and look around.. :lol:

Heh yea that would be alright... it's just that mine is brand new so I dont want to get to the point where I start uploading loads of content and get stuck with no room errors after uploading like a couple megs even though I should have 100+ free

I haven't uploaded a single file to my account yet, even since the very first time I logged in, my stats listed this: Disk usage 252.54 / 150.00 MB SQL Disk usage 0.00 MB Disk space available -102.54 MBAnd it really bites that it's causing me to not be able to install any Fantastico scripts :/ I can't make email addresses either...

Yes, it is rather poopy, but I guess we can't complain too much, it's not like our time and money is being spent keeping everything in order :P

Thats exactly what I was thinking heh. But thanks to Trekkie101 for looking into this matter! I havn't noticed any actual problems based on the improper readings myself but who knows if it could cause real problems or not :S

Yes, it's always nice to have a "guardian angel."The improper disk usage reading itself doesn't really cause problems for me, I only have like 15mb worth of website that I need online, it's not being able to create email accounts and install any Fantastico scripts that kills me.