xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

Microsoft Hijacked My Ie

Yup - you heard it right!! Not that I have much use of that piece of trash anyways - but Microsoft never made any attempt to make your life easy by providing you with an option to remove IE. SO whatever other favourite browser of yours you might be using, IE will still lurk around in some corner of your system and keep popping up (irritating to the core) windows sometimes on request of some external application (that's another thing that eludes me - why do windows application developers NOT resort to popping up readme's using your system default browser??) It's like once you start developing applications for windows - you hand over your life, soul and everything to Devill Gates..I download a whole bunch of new softwares and keep trying and trashing my system 5 times a week in the process. When we had Win95, I'd to reinstall my system on an average of 2.5 times a week.The reason of all this raving and ranting - is, now some application (which I cannot spot) - has managed to Hijack my IE start page. When I fire up IE - it ALWAYS starts loading either microsoft.com or msn.com - WTF?? I tried everything - registry edits & hacks, windows tweaks, 100's of antipsyware and antiviruses - NOTHING, ZILCH.. no one can save IE from loading the MS sites on startup. Not that I'm bothered anyways - coz as I said, I use IE RARELY to view some of the so-called "IE compatible" pages. But even so, this is outright outrageous. And this is also a first - never before I've seen anything like this. Talk about gloating on your own product...boy, microsoft is surely in love with every inch of what it has designed. Big Brother?? This is just the start. Rather they've laid the foundations well. Phewww.. wouldn't even leave the goddamned browser startup page alone. Last I heard MS has started a new division along with it's TQM (Total Quality Management) - this one's called TCM, C being for Control.... on your wretched, pathetic, miserable existence... which of course, MS is trying to elevate you out of, by taking you to your most desired site of the day/month/year/lifetime through their hell's angel IE...Enough...

Yup - you heard it right!!

Not that I have much use of that piece of trash anyways - but Microsoft never made any attempt to make your life easy by providing you with an option to remove IE. SO whatever other favourite browser of yours you might be using, IE will still lurk around in some corner of your system and keep popping up (irritating to the core) windows sometimes on request of some external application (that's another thing that eludes me - why do windows application developers NOT resort to popping up readme's using your system default browser??)  It's like once you start developing applications for windows - you hand over your life, soul and everything to Devill Gates..

I download a whole bunch of new softwares and keep trying and trashing my system 5 times a week in the process. When we had Win95, I'd to reinstall my system on an average of 2.5 times a week.

The reason of all this raving and ranting - is, now some application (which I cannot spot) - has managed to Hijack my IE start page. When I fire up IE - it ALWAYS starts loading either microsoft.com or msn.com - WTF?? I tried everything - registry edits & hacks, windows tweaks, 100's of antipsyware and antiviruses - NOTHING, ZILCH.. no one can save IE from loading the MS sites on startup. Not that I'm bothered anyways - coz as I said, I use IE RARELY to view some of the so-called "IE compatible" pages. But even so, this is outright outrageous. And this is also a first - never before I've seen anything like this. Talk about gloating on your own product...boy, microsoft is surely in love with every inch of what it has designed. Big Brother?? This is just the start. Rather they've laid the foundations well. Phewww.. wouldn't even leave the goddamned browser startup page alone. Last I heard MS has started a new division along with it's TQM (Total Quality Management) - this one's called TCM, C being for Control.... on your wretched, pathetic, miserable existence... which of course, MS is trying to elevate you out of, by taking you to your most desired site of the day/month/year/lifetime through their hell's angel IE...

Enough...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lmao....very good post .

I too had that problem '1/0' number of times. I installed Microsoft Antispyware on my pc and it works fine and has prevented a change in the start page atleast 15 times till now. Spybot S&D too prevented this from happening....

Btw...'1/0' is infinity.

Last time I tried uninstalling my IE explorer my computer basically blew up. Seriously, lol. My computer crashed and when I tried turning it on small sparks were seen flying around. I got my computer fixed and haven't dared tried uninstalling IE ever since... I've had to learn to live with it. :lol:

Last time I tried uninstalling my IE explorer my computer basically blew up. Seriously, lol. My computer crashed and when I tried turning it on small sparks were seen flying around. I got my computer fixed and haven't dared tried uninstalling IE ever since... I've had to learn to live with it. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I guess this little story shows us what a mighty strong and powerful Browser Internet Explorer really is! :lol:

GrettingZ :lol:

Yaah man absolutely.. from what you describe, next time the world will face meteor showers when you try to do that.. heh.. The tsunamis (no offense) - prolly were caused by some dolt trying to replace windoze with linux :lol: Once again we come upon the age old adage - Hell hath no fury like Devill Gates scorned. :lol:

lmao....very good post .

I too had that problem '1/0' number of times. I installed Microsoft Antispyware on my pc and it works fine and has prevented a change in the start page atleast 15 times till now. Spybot S&D too prevented this from happening....

Btw...'1/0' is infinity.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh yea, if you guys want to remove IE maybe you can try this, but I haven't tried this before so I'm not sure if it works or not:

Click start

Click control panel

Click Add or remove programs

Click Add or remove windows components

Uncheck Internet explorer

Click Next

Even if it doesn't remove it it should at least disable it... (I think) It's worth a try if you don't have any spyware remover

^Summing up that^

Uninstalling IE is seriously risky:Bad points:

1. Many web sites are programmed to work only with Internet Explorer.

2. Windows Update requires Internet Explorer.

3. Some Anti-Virus Products require IE for updates.

4. Both removing and restoring IE is risky and difficult.

5. IE is more than a browser, it is the foundation for Internet functionality in Windows.

6. Uninstalling IE may cause your computer to crash alot

So I would just recommend downloading a free trial of spyware removers or buying one... (Norton I think removes them now as well, get 2005 edition)

There's already a Windows version without Windows Media Player, maybe they should force Microsoft to make a version without any kind of Microsoft stuff, just windows and nothing else. They now say it's a problem that companies that make other music software don't get the chance to sell anything, but that's the same problem with browsers. If Microsoft wasn't allowed to sell IE in his Windows package, then there would be much more users using Firefox or Netscape.-=jeroen=-