xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Salamander

Pdf Creator: Create Pdf Files For Free Print any file to pdf (w/out printer )

After a post about PDF Reader and Acrobat...

I found a usefull ressource (sourceforge.net : have a look on this site if you want to know how to find good freewares, and perhaps participate to great GNU/GPL projects...) to create PDF files : PDF CREATOR

It should be use like a "virtual printel" in fact, and so that's really usefull, because you don't have to run a speciphic application, be sorry if this application doesn't support the type of document you want to create in PDF mode, and so on.

You just have to select print in the application you work, and then select the PDF printer, that's all !

And free, too.

-> Download it ? PDF Creator, the exe files, and links to language file

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

Yeah I used to have this program, it's very useful for creating PDFs although now that I am using openoffice.org 1.9 beta I can just create PDFs by pressing a button (similar to Save As) and that's even quicker and easier

Yeh OpenOffice is great for all that stuff. Today I finally got rid of Microsoft Office altogether. The only reason I kept it was for printing documents out (as i needed them in Word format to open them on another computer with the printer) but now I just save it as a PDF and use that.<3 the XForms<3 the PDF converter<3 Open Office

I also use Open Office for creating PDF files from .doc files. Just click on a button and PDF file is ready. You don't need any other software for doing so. Open Office is a good replacement for MS Office if you don't want to spend money on purchasing MS Office.