xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tashie

Anyone Know Of Any Good Image Editing Software? for windows.

so.. does anyone know of any good image editing software? something similar to photoshop i guess or psp? that has a lot of options and things to do ..

For alot of detail I would use GIMP. It is a free, open source image program with all the features of PhotoShop CS. I highly recommend it.

Not only that but it also takes up less space. If you are used to Photoshop, using this will be a bit different and annoying sometimes but it only takes a few days to get used to it. There is also a photoshop skin for it floating around.

If you haven't used a photo editor before, this will take a while to get used to so I suggest looking at a few tutorials.

For alot of detail I would use GIMP. It is a free, open source image program with all the features of PhotoShop CS. I highly recommend it.

Not only that but it also takes up less space. If you are used to Photoshop, using this will be a bit different and annoying sometimes but it only takes a few days to get used to it. There is also a photoshop skin for it floating around.

If you haven't used a photo editor before, this will take a while to get used to so I suggest looking at a few tutorials.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, but isn't it only for macs? i have a regular pc..

Nope GIMP is NOT for Macs. Originally GIMP was designed as an opensource alternative on Linux based platforms - and now it has been ported to Windows too. So it's got binaries that run on either.As for the Mac version - I don't think they have one, but at the rate they're going they might come out with one very soon :lol:Opensource RULEZ !!

Although I have never used it but I have heard that GIMP is the best image editing tool for free if you don't have money to purchase Photoshop. I hope it will fulfill your need.

Yeah, GIMP is certainly the best free image editor. It's multi-platform, skinnable using the GTK skins engine (more noticable under Windows than Linux...) and has all the features you could ever want (more than Photoshop out of the box, you need to get extra plug-ins for tons of money to get all the features for PS that come with Gimp)

thanks, i tried it out, and there's really only a couple things in specific i was looking for, this program has one of them, i have to do a little searching to see if it has the other.. but this is basically what i was looking for :lol:

Because they cost lots of money and not everyone can afford fancy programs. Note that this was asked in the FREEWARE forum. Plus programs like the GIMP are every bit as powerful as any of the most powerful expensive programs.

I would agree on the gimp being the best for free, personally I don't especially like the gimp myself, but thats because I'm too used to my PS and PSP... but as far as free software goes you probably can't beat the gimp.

A very good Freeware for Windows: Irfan View from Irfan Skiljan, graduate of Vienna University of Technology.

On "About IrfanView", you will get a nice picture of Jajce in Bosnia.

I am currently using Version 3.85 and it is OK.

I still prefer the ULead PhotoExplorer where it is possible to build a show in a few seconds with images and videos (mpeg). But these program, that I've by buying a digital camera, is not freeware, I think! To be checked.

By the way, the address of Irfan View: http://www.irfanview.com/.

:P