xisto Community
TheKnowledge

Stepping Inside How I feel about all of this.

Ok guys, I'm pretty new to this. I'm not sure what the purpose of it is, I have always looked upon forums as pure informational resources. Most conversations I have seen through my short time as a forum-traveler are usually spun around a technical topic like: Some guy ask about something, and another one with the proper skills answers him. And when the answer is ridiciously simple, they laugh about it. Another nice thing I've discovered is the registration process and the value of it. A few messageboards I've seen without registration are too often misused in the form of nickfaking and public dissrespecting of people. So, the fact that you can control the users behaviour and language makes the stay at the forum more enjoyable. Thank you.I have to be honest about it. I'm posting with the goal to recieve the 30 points to get the grand of the two free packages, so I'd be glad to be pointed to parts of the forums where people talk about little or nothing. Because I'm such a newbie, most of my questions are already answered, so posting would just make me loose integrity. I can tell you that the purpose of my site is to have video, pictures and newsupdates of local skateboarding. I'm a writer and my friend is a photographer, so we search the web together, looking for reasonable good solutions. I'm learning to set my site up with Mambo Solution. If anyone would like to see what I have been able to do so far, just ask, and I'll post it if I'm allowed. I've registered with dozens of other hosts, but there is always something missing, or their ads are too brutal.Well then...I'm going to wander off into the ocean of posts and topics to see if I can find other places to write things that I hope will reap points. Thank you for your time. See you around.

That is simply terrific - one of the best and most well-written introductions I've seen so far. Most introductions stop short of a "Hi I'm new here" - and most people do not even attempt to exercise their writing skills.

Here at Xisto, we do attempt to keep the forums clean, posts well-written and slang free - to make it an overall enjoyable experience for our members. I shouldn't go overboard with it - but yea, we have achieved a fair degree of success in that respect.

Don't worry about starting off in a remote corner of the board - just dive straight in and find any topic of your interest and start posting. We don't treat any questions here as the so-called "n00b"-ish ones - except that sometimes you'll find yourself redirected to an older thread. This of course happens only when you happened to have asked an age old question which has been repeatedly answered about a hundred times over. So it is advisable that you use the Search button in case you have a doubt about reposting an already posted & solved topic.

As for the rest - on behalf of the Xisto staff, I take great pleasure in extending you a warm welcome. WELCOME ABOARD :lol:

Regards,

m^e

Ok, first of all, welcome in da club TheKnowledge :lol: , I hope you enjoy your time here. Second of all, like M^E already said, you have a pretty good introduction. (Maybe to get your first hosting credits? :lol: .) This forums are realy nice, just because you have to register before you post and because the admins do their job very well, sorry M^E for saying this so much, but it's just true :lol: . You can get very good, FREE (!!!) hosting, just make some posts and you will see. I think 150MB is very, very much for a free hosting service. Hope to see you back here:-=Jeroen=-

Ok, first of all, welcome in da club TheKnowledge :P , I hope you enjoy your time here. Second of all, like M^E already said, you have a pretty good introduction. (Maybe to get your first hosting credits?  :lol: .)

Not quite - coz how much ever you write, any posts in this section do not count towards your credits or post counts. Only when you start posting in the main forums - all that get counted.

This forums are realy nice, just because you have to register before you post and because the admins do their job very well, sorry M^E for saying this so much, but it's just true :P . You can get very good, FREE (!!!) hosting, just make some posts and you will see. I think 150MB is very, very much for a free hosting service. Hope to see you back here:

-=Jeroen=-

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wahahaaa... Thanks for the vote of confidence warbird :D Now you've surely managed to kill all the birds in here :P Why don't you add something to this thread here: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/81590-topic/?findpost=1064286265

That would be most helpful :lol:

Once again - thanks to all of you... :lol: