xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Quadfreek

Can I Upload Audio And Video Files?

Yep - you can.

BUT, CONDITION: If audio files - they must be either your OWN composition or a production of your Group/Band. No ILLEGAL mp3s or audio files in other format are permitted. In case you want to put up some audio file of some other artist - you'll have to provide us with a copy of your license/public distribution rights stating so.

Same applies to Video files - as long as they are authentic works, shot by your and not copyrighted by someone else, you can host them here. We treat copyright violations in a very strict manner - and if found doing so, you'll be banned immediately - NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

Regards,

m^e

If you are going to upload lots of audio and video files, I suggest getting the higher package hosting, because 20MB on the starter package probably wont be enough.I dont actually know which hosting package you have, but I'm just saying :lol:Ed

at the moment I don't have a package(I only have .33 credits so far :lol::D:lol: ) I was thinking about waiting a while and just getting a lot of credits( like 100 crd.) so that I can ensure that I will always have enough credits for the month. :lol:

at the moment I don't have a package(I only have .33 credits so far :lol:  :D  :lol: ) I was thinking about waiting a while and just getting a lot of credits( like 100 crd.) so that I can ensure that I will always have enough credits for the month.  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just to give you a little warning, if you wait to get hosting (like building up to 100 crds.) your credits will be changed to 2 days even if you have more then the amount needed. So if I where you I would get the hosting when you have the 30 and not wait till you have 100 because you will waste a lot of time geting to 100 when all it will do is change to 2 after you get the hosting.

Thanks for the warning. that would have made me mad if that happened. I have a question for you though. Should I get the 1st package to start because I don't even have the audio at the moment.Thanks for the advice on the credits thing... You guys have been a really really big help.Thanks,David

Now that you have 30 credits invest them directly into the advanced package, because upgrading later on will cost you all your credits again and it would be credit waste to take package #1 (23 credits lost).I have a follow-up question on Audio: If the audio files are not published (not on a public website, for example password protected/non-public_html directory) will it be considered against the condition too? I was thinking about writing myself an online Mp3 player, you know, where I put in my password and then I can listen to some music even when not at home, but there are other legal purposes too.

I think that we can/should use an other free file-hosting services for mutimedia content. This may save the bandwidth and disk space which are very limited and seem that not enough for those content.