xisto Community
overdrive2023x

Is My Monitor On The Verge Of Death?

Well about 2 months ago, my monitor on the left side of the screen, the image side started to kinda pulsate to where the side of the image starts to move rapidly. It went on for about 2 weeks, and then all of a sudden it stopped. Then it came back about a week ago. Ive tried degaussing and such, and nothing seems to be curing it. Does anyone know whats actually goin on, and if its fixable? or on the verge of death?"

Hmmmm it sounds suspect I`m not a techiebut I`ld say start looking to buy a new oneI had some similar problems with my 20' inchmonitor a couple of months ago and one day itjust went black I unplugged it from my systemand plugged an old 15' inch because I was actualyhoping it was some kind of problem whit my graphics card as it was cheaper then my monitor but unfortunately it wasn`t. A few days later Itried it again and this time it didn`t pulse and stayed on but it was blur I mean so BLURRED thatit`s impossible to work on.But it is fixeable tho the thing is you`ll have to find some electro technician who could fix it forya.Welcome to the club LOL

Hi overdrive2023x,From what you describe..it sounds like your monitor is going bad. You can troubleshoot it using the charts at my website in the "Beginners" section. Can't say if its fixable.. but you could save your self a bunch of $$ by taking it directly to a TV repair service. Most Computer shops don't do CRT monitor repair these days & ship them out to TV repair shops instead.Hope this helpsRGPHNX

You have your monitor on a surge protector?Someone told me once when a monitor starts acting wonky, that it might be the electrical outlet that it is plugged into. Have you tried putting the monitor on another outlet?I sure hope your monitor isn't dying. No one needs the expense of a new monitor.