xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
discharges

Importing Wmv Into Flash 5

I need to import a WMV into flash 5, but I'm having a very hard time doing so. Obviously, I cannot import it directly. I have tried using DivX Doctor to change the WMV into an MPG (which works) and then importing the MPG into Ulead Gif Animator, so that I could save the MPG as a gif, and import it into flash. However, whenever I attempt to import WMV that I've converted into MPGs into Ulead, I always get an error and Ulead shuts itself down. This ONLY happens with MPGs that were once WMVs.Does anyone know how I can fix this, or know of a better way to convert a WMV into a GIF so that I can import it into flash?

After effects will let you import video files such as that then export them as really anything you want gif, video, quicktime, jpeg, and yea even straight to flash

wmv is strange format... what can I tell you if I need to do a conversion like that I'm converting a movie into avi file and then using avi2swf that takes care for everything else... and is free - it is part of swf-tools... also remembert that usualy every conversion takes a little of quality so try to do only one... if you realy need...

I finally got this working. I'll go through the process for anyone else having this trouble.

First, the programs needed...or at least, the programs I used.

1.) Dr. DivX - http://labs.divx.com/DrDivx
2.) MGI VideoWave III (newest version is 7, but I happened to have 3. they both work.) - http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/creator/suite/
3.) Ulead Gif Animator - http://download.cnet.com/s/design-animation/windows/?tag=404

The first thing you have to do, after finding the video you want to import into flash, is use Dr. DivX to convert the WMV into an AVI. After you have your AVI copy of the WMV, you open it inside Videowave. Click the produce button, and save the AVI as an MPG. Through this filtering process you do lose a tiny bit of the quality, but that is to be expected. Once in MPG form, saved through VideoWave, you can open it in Ulead Gif Animator without it erroring and the program ending abruptly. Once in the Gif animator, simply save it as a Gif or SWF file and import it into flash. Pretty simple.... once you have the right programs. Good luck!