xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
GlobalOSSA

The Shuffle Thing Disgraces The Flash Mp3 Choose

I personally like Flash based storage over Hard Drive-based players when it comes to MP3 players just because they are small, sexy, and light. I guess they could really strain your wallet if you had a like, roomfull of CDs needing to be stored on it though... :lol: Now, to the "shuffle" - that piece of junk is barely worth paying for, Apple should be ashamed for thinking that people would give up the luxury of a screen (oooh :lol: , so advanced ~~~) just to "enjoy" the mystery of "which song comes next???". Wow - a leap of stupidity if you ask me... Not only that, but you could easily get a Samsung Yepp flash 512 mb for MUCH less, and it is considerably better (it even has a SCREEN! - ooo, and manual controls! :lol: ).

LOL. I have the Creative Muvo FM Flash MP3 Player. That's a mouthful :lol: I have to admit though, without a screen display, the player is not that good.I never bought any of the iPod models before but did hear one good thing about it. Compared to the hard drive iPods and maybe even other mp3 players, the shuffle supposedly has better audio quality.Who needs a shuffle when you have other better alternatives :lol: My Muvo plays FM radio, can record FM and voice, transfer data and play music. The shuffle, well...can play music, but which ones, who know LOL. Maybe in some order?

i agree. the whole point of artists spending hours in the studio to record their masterpieces is not just in porduce individual tracks. the playlist of an album is nearly as important as the tracks that make it up. i surpose the ipod shuffle is targeted and people who normally listen to the radio and dont really care but just want noise in their ears.

We shouldn't see the iPod shuffle like that, it was made purely to satisfy a market, not to create a decent product and I think it has done that very successfully.People I know that own iPod shuffles say that they own them because they are smaller and more portable and you get the added excitemeny of not having the faintest clue what you're listening to (which can...somehow be a positive) and so Apple have marketed it for them exactly.If they could add a screen (obviously a good thing) then it would be able to compete at about the same price but as it stand the iPod shuffle is not a quality product but it is good enough for Apple to make an amazing profit from them.

I can really see the appeal of the iPod shuffle - what with it being cheaper and all - but reading this has made me think...Can't the shuffle function be turned off? I thought it was optional. Making a MP3 player that doesn't play yours songs when you want and only picks them at random seems abit stupid!

The iPod is still kind of expensive if you ask me since it doesn't have all the other features that other MP3 players have. I think for around $99 you can get the 512MB iPod shuffle. But I can get a small MP3 player for around that price that has a bunch of other features (see previous post) that the shuffle doesn't have. The display screen is definitely important.

I never owned an iPod before so I'm not sure how to turn off the shuffle mode. I did a search and found this site. According to what's said there, you should be able to turn off the shuffle mode.

Of course you can turn off the shuffle mode, it also saves battery and you can sort of choose an order for your songs (although you will still be clueless as to what the hell you are listening to as there is still no display) and by turning off shuffle it is basically turning off the one unique feauter that was in it in the first place.

ok then sorry. i take is back if thought that the shuffle feature was non-optional. i mean who would spend millions of dollars of advertising promoting a feature that every music player since the cd walkman can do!!!if you can turn it off i guess then it is perfectly ok. the design is beautiful and its small and light. no screen a bad thing but i can see myself using it. why did i ever douht apple :lol:

iPod Shuffle is really a sweet little device.

A whistle? Funny, but I can see how it might look like a whistle. It is as small as a pack of gum.

As for being able to organize the playlist, this is from the website:

"DJ Your Day

If you favour cycling to a hip-hop soundtrack and snowboarding to a little electronica, Autofill iPod shuffle from a specific iTunes Playlist and roll. Or just drag and drop individual songs from iTunes onto iPod shuffle. With Play in Order mode, you manage the music. If things take a turn for the predictable, never fear. Turn iPod shuffle over, flip the slider to Shuffle and mix on the go."

I agree. I wouldn't go so far to say that they are worthless, but I really don't think they are worth it. Sure, their cheaper than normal iPods and iPod nanos, but I found a way around that. If you REALLY need an iPod, save your allowance for an extra couple of months and get a normal iPod, or maybe a nano. I think the shuflle is a little cheesey, but not completely pathetic.

Though it can't technically be considered just an "MP3 Player" I find the Sony PSP very good for Flash mp3 listening. With he upgradable flash memory it really packs a punch. The only problem is it's immense size, due to the fact that it isn't JUST an mp3 player. I consider the multiple other mp3 players to be great for someone with a small budget and no need for bulky devices in their pocket.

I agree with you, but must also say that the iPod Shuffle is pretty cheap. I disagree with you about giving up the screen. I mean, the normal iPod's screen breaks super easily. Lazy people like me, though you ridicule us, quite enjoy simply turning our music players and expecting something new. :ph34r:

The prices of the iPod Shuffle (even the newer ones) have dropped dramatically today. This topic was made nearly two years ago when the Shuffle did cost more than it does today (almost twice as much actually for a smaller model too).Since then I have bought a few iPods to play around with and basically don't see much difference aside from the looks. The Nano is worth to get if you want a small sized mp3 player with a color screen. Shuffle, well, still is very small and compact. But like the previous generations, it's still lacking a screen, which some iPod users don't mind at all.I agree that the screen is not everything, but it does add another level of functionality that the user might want to have at their disposal. About the screens, I know a lot of users who break their iPod's LCD screen. I don't know how and why though. I have used my latest iPod (the video one) for almost a year now without much issues. I put it in my pocket in my jacket and jeans. Just don't mix any keys or sharp and heavy objects in your pockets and you should be ok.

Frankly i dont know why anyone would like to use an ipod, i feel the only reason it has done so well, cause its a fad! its looks a lil chic/easy to use and some how apple has been able to condition the thought of it being a cool piece equipment to use.there are so many better audio players in the price range of the ipod, in my opinion the ipod is a useless waste of money! Go ZUNE! hahaha