xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bitemytail

Looking For A Good C++ Compiler Im hoping to get a URL to get C++

check whether a particular function belongs to some header file

Looking For A Good C++ Compiler

I m making a parser for C programs which writes all the functions of the program which are not defined ie functions with no signature.The compiler will show errors for these function calls.

So for that I wrote a code which seperates out all the functions which are called and all the functions with signatures and writes these two in two seperate files 'file1.Txt' & 'file2.Txt'.Now I look for those entries in file1 for which there is no entry in file2.These are the functions which are not defined by the user but they can be there in the header files included.So my question is that how do I ckeck for their definitions or prototypes in the header files.

-question by ginni_gemini

I'd go for the dev-C++ too, nice interface and only uses 30 MB or something like that , although incompatable with Visual Studio as it uses the MinGW compiler, worst part is you can have hard time searching for linking libraries ( libxxxx.a )

I just use Linux and there is a compiler included (well you might have to apt-get it first) called gcc. Although if you are using Windows then I guess you can use Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition (but that's a bit huge to download) but i would still recommend Linux for programming, especially "software development".