xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
VJgamer1405241488

Unreal Tournament 2004 Editors' Choice Edition Fun filled package

I just picked up Unreal Tournament 2004: Editors' Choice Edition. First of all, UT2004 is by far the greatest iteration of Unreal Tournament, but this is just packed with features. It has 11 different mods created by our fellow UT players!It also comes with six new onslaught maps, three new onslaught vehicles, and six new characters. The 10 disc package is a little hefty(taking up 6 gigs of space), but I'd say it was worth it.I think UT2004 is one of the best online multilayer games ever, right beside Counter-Strike and Halo 2. I like how you don't have to play in the Unreal Tournament Realm. The total conversions such as Frag Ops, looks like counter strike, and UnWheel (Unreal Racing!) make it in to more that just an all out frag feast.Who would of thought there was something that could live up to the thrill of a Death Match but I have to say that Onslaught mode is very entertaining.The Editors' Choice edition is a big time saver, saving you from downloading a couple gigabytes of mod and map information. It would have been nice if it had included the Community Bonus Pack, but oh well. I just go download them from fileplanet.Well I'm going back to rack up a few more frags!

Indeed, UT2k4 is a very good game. The best pc shooter i think. I don't have the editors choice edition, but i have a great buch of extra maps and so on. I don't play mods, i think the normal game is the coolest, but what i want to know...are the 3 new vehicels from editors choice edition not the same as the bonus pack 1.1??

The vehicles are all the same - ECE has nothing really exclusive, aside from a few maps, I think. I've had 2k4 since release. The mods last year were great... nice to see some still coming out this year, like Red Orchestra with vehicles and Out of Hell (single-player survival horror... with the Unreal Warfare engine)

While i have never played the regular UT 2004 i have to say editors choice was preatty nice in Single player... However multiplayer is horribly laggy in FFA...not so much though in LMS and Onslaught. Still FFA is my favorite, i would have liked to see a version that was not so lag ridden.