xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bob3695

Phpnuke Webspace

I just installed PHPNuke through Fantastico and my diskspace still says 0MB used. Is this correct or am i really using the 18 or so megabites?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The cPanel disk usage is not calculated in real time. It is updated every 24 to 48 hours.

If the disk usage feature was shown in real time, the server would be too busy to serve web pages, images, scripts, etc. Keep in mind that you web site isn't the only account on your server.

Hope this clears things up. :(

vujsa

Also remember that the PHP_nuke feature that you can get through Fantastico is a 22 meg feature. If your using the "starter package" same as me you will burn up your space and then some just by installing that addon. If your really wanting to use Nuke then make a few extra posts a day and build up your credits and upgrade your account.

well, you got lucky if you could install PHP Nuke through Fantastico, in my account, I have to do everything manually since the disk space is wrong, and I just can't make PHP Nuke or Post Nuke work - It says there is a database connection problem, even though i've triple checked all usr names, passwords and dbnames.

well, you got lucky if you could install PHP Nuke through Fantastico, in my account, I have to do everything manually since the disk space is wrong, and I just can't make PHP Nuke or Post Nuke work - It says there is a database connection problem, even though i've triple checked all usr names, passwords and dbnames.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't have that problem, and I haven't heard of anyone else having anything like that. Have you had a word with vujsa or and of the other admins about it? They might be able to sort it out.

Hope this helps :)

Ok crs_wiz had a problem like that when I first tried using a Nuke_block and found that I was using the wrong username annotation. Then you have to make sure that all your files have the correct permissions. Hope that helps you out.

Hmm... is Php_nuke a popular free-of-charge portal software? I've heard that it is... I don't know what else.Anyway, before you can do anything, post up everyday and upgrade your account. This will clear down some problems concerning 'disk space' issues. 20 megabytes to 150 megabytes! *hiccup* Bah... I hate hiccups :D

The cPanel disk usage is not calculated in real time.  It is updated every 24 to 48 hours.

If the disk usage feature was shown in real time, the server would be too busy to serve web pages, images, scripts, etc.  Keep in mind that you web site isn't the only account on your server.

Hope this clears things up. :P

vujsa

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D .. Nope m not smiling .. lol .. i wonder how many times u have been saying this vujsa lol .. i remember askin this once .. and i had the same reply from u .. no m8 .. seriousely what ur doin is of gr8 help .. it helped me and is helping others .. just thought of an advice .. what if u pin up all the common questions about cpanel and .. u know make it kinda visible to ll the new commers on the Xisto page .. m shure they would read that and get a lot of info ..

Keep up the good work .. appriciate it :P

Cheers ..

Also remember that the PHP_nuke feature that you can get through Fantastico is a 22 meg feature.  If your using the "starter package" same as me you will burn up your space and then some just by installing that addon.  If your really wanting to use Nuke then make a few extra posts a day and build up your credits and upgrade your account.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Making those few extra posts a day sounds like a really good idea... What I originally did was install PHPNuke through Fantastico.. but of course.. there was the space issue.. so I downloaded the latest free version and played around with it a little bit...

Basically, all you need to do is delete all the language files that you will not be utilizing in the package as well as remove all the additional images that come along with the languages.. like flags and stuff.. then also remove the templates that you're not going to use.. all of them if you're using your own (in which case you'll have to add your personal template - although you'll want to do this after you have gone through with the installation since the installation process utilizes the default template)..

After having deleted all these unnecessary files, the package size comes down to around 12 MB.. and it runs pretty well too.. Infact.. it comes down quite a bit more than 12 MB... since the 12 MB that I have is after I've installed an image management module into the PHP Nuke..

But.. like Logan says.. it always pays to have those extra megs available since as soon as you start using the Nuke site... uploading content, the forums and especially images.. then you're going to begin chocking up those mits really quick.. :-)