xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jerre

Question's About Hosting At Astahost

i have 2 questions1) when my host days are afew days on 0 must i set a new host request or must a post something in the topics and then my site will come back (with al his pages,)?2) i have got a host package number 1 when i want to upgrade, are my hostdays th same as the credits or not?3) has Xisto also paidhosting, if yezs how much/month and are there extra features? (i suppose that there are no host days then)

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

That makes it three question :( What number system do you count in ? (j/k) :(

i have 2 questions

1) when my host days are  afew days on 0 must i set a new host request or must a post something in the topics and then my site will come back (with al his pages,)?

Nope. No new hosting request is needed. As long as your credits don't drop below -30, i.e. you are not inactive for 30 full days, you have a fair chance to make some more posts and get your account back. If your credits are in the negative zone, you have to make enough posts to pull it back up to a positive figure and then wait for about an hours time for the system to automatically re-activate your hosting account. But once it dips below -30, your hosting account is auto-cancelled and you'll have to reapply. This is a far fetched situation, and I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to keep it up in a +ve region.

2) i have got a host package number 1  when i want to upgrade, are my hostdays th same as the credits or not?

Yup - even for Package two, the hosting credits get deducted by the same amount, i.e. 1 hosting credit for every real world day of 24hours. But when you apply and get your upgrade package, 30 credits are deducted straight from your account as upgrade costs - and only then the actual 1credit/day cycle begins.. so if you're applying for an upgrade, make sure you have at least 2-3 credits above 30 - just to be sure that your account doesn't get suspended immediately after.

3) has Xisto also paidhosting, if yezs how much/month and are there extra features? (i suppose that there are no host days then)

Yup - Xisto - Web Hosting.Com is the paid version of Xisto, which offers hosting for as low as $10 / year - same or more features depending on the rate slab you take up. No posting is needed with such an account. Infact, quite a few members of Xisto, who haven't been able to keep up with the posting requirements have shifted to Xisto - Web Hosting coz it's so cheap. Xisto (Free), Xisto (Free) & Xisto - Web Hosting (Paid) - all are a part of the Xisto network offering similar services based on different criteria. Apart from that we have two other sites, which are under the Xisto ring - IPBGaming.Com (which is a gaming + forum) site and AntiLost.Com - which is a recently launched OpenSource Project Development and Hosting site....

Hope this helps...

Regards,

m^e

thankscan't you set a host without hostdays (but with host credits) becaus if you can't post something after a vacance your host will go down than. with that package you haven't popmail ore something like that so that the most people (who can many post and are goodd in english, what im not :( )go take the first package. but the other can take tht new package and then they must post 2 ore more (ore less) posts in a month so that you can see who is active????

Judging on your signature image, you're Dutch. If you have some issue to explain something in English, you can pm me. I am Belgian :(You can't *freeze* your hosting account to prevent your credits from dropping when you can't post. That is why we recommend you keep your credits (or hosting days) over 7, so that in case you get sick, you have 7 days to start posting. The solution for this, is simple. Just posts so that you have enough credits to cover the amount of days you'll be gone. In my case, I will be at the Coast for a week next week, so I make sure I have at least 8 or 9 credits, that way my account will not get suspended :( You can only upgrade your package and not downgrade it.