xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
onlyregret

File Sharing

there is alot of controversy about file sharing programs and whether they should be legal or not. Although in the contract that users must sign before being able to use the program the company promises not to give out any personal information or sell you out to spyware. but recent developments have been arising that users that are using kazza have been being sold out to spywhere and are now facing multimillion lawsuits. has anybody else heard of this happening to people? if so is there any way that you acn keep from being sold out to spyware?

jet is correct, there is no way you can be 100% safe. One way that you can protect yourself somewhat is never give out your information, especially to file sharing programs. I don't use kazza, so I didn't know that they have you fill in information. My suggestion would to look for other file sharing programs that doesn't require user info. My suggestion would be like eMule or use mirc downloads.