xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Paradox

A Poem. I was bored.

It's not that great. I was bored in computing.It doesn't have a name yet...In a small snowy village the inn was ablaze,Crackling with fire, a cacophony of rage.Standing alone in the cold, bitter frost,A child wept, for the mother he?d lost.The fire soon spread, the stable was next,Filling the air with its dank putrid stench.The townsfolk put to, with bucket and water,But the fire spread fast, to every town quarter.The child was lost; and knew not where to go,With all sides afire, he tried to lie low.Thus it was, when the townsfolk took flight,He was left sitting, in the middle of the night.The flames soon died out, as the village was sundered,And into the new dawn, the lone child blundered.Face wet with tears, he was lost and confused,Seeking only for his wounds to be soothed.Stumbling half-blind, he found a strange place,a small wooden door, leading to a dark space.He stepped inside, mouth dropping in awe,For there stood a city, a grassland and more.His heart lifted with joy, and towards it he ran,Over plain he sprinted, a small stream he sprang.On reaching the gate, to his utmost delight,There stood his mother, alone in the night.

I'm not very poetic but I like it. It's nice and sweet. Do you like poems by Pablo Nerruda? Our class had an analysis of his works last semester and at first I couln't quite understand them and it took awhile before the meaning sinked in :angry: but they're nice. But I guess you've heard of them. :blink: Nice work!