xisto Community
levpz930

Google Maps Satelite

yeah I found that pretty cool, but I cant find AREA 51 anywhere... they must have deleted it :D anyway I was looking at sattelitet image of town where I live, and on the place where should be some goverment buildings there are "clouds" :D hmm, so if I was an terrorist... I would probably bomb whole clouded area... haha.. well seriously, this sattelite image can reveal whole bunch of stuff, that certain people should not have access to.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I found it ages ago.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps?q=37%C2%B01459931&t=k&hl=en

I did some research on it, and Area 51 is actually used for testing aircraft and stuff, not alien technology.

Yea I've always liked playing with the various satellite images of places... I found my homes' general location BUUUUT my current place is in a small city in Canada, and my hometown is a tiiiny town in Canada, so neither have a great level of zoom available for the regions. Too bad. Hopefully they'll max out the satellite zoom level for all of Canada soon too

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I live in a small town in Canada of about 200 people, hopefully they do max out the sattelite zoom for Canada, I can find the general location of my town, but can't see streets, houses, etc. It really sucks right now, lol. I think if they get a maximum zoom for all regions, they would have more customers, because here is already two people who won't use it because they don't have a good enough zoom on Canada. :D

Google Earth is godly, on some areas you can into large building using the 3D option...try exploring Vegas & NY to use this at its best.

1064324672[/snapback]

Yeah, but we're talking about Google Maps, not Google Earth.

I quite like Google Earth, but the 3D buildings are just dull and grey, I think it would be better if they had some sort of texture to them. And the buildings are only for US cities, no where else.

What I like though is the 3D landscape. Try visiting the Grand Canyon in Google Earth, and it's amazing!