xisto Community
Houdini

PHP-Nuke 7.7.0.3: Newest Official Release Newest official release of PHP-Nuke

The newest release of PHP-Nuke 7.7.0.3 is out and is the best since they came out with 6.5 which went from the SPLATT forums to the phpBB2 forums. The 7.6 version had too many flaws and i went back to 7.5 but now 7.7 is out and has a WYSIWYG that you use in the AdminControl Panel it is not a BB Code, it is a pretty fancy HTML WYSIWYG however unless you define the advanced editor when you enter your values in your config,php it will then give a bare bones WYSIWYG which is still pretty inpressive, not to mention that it doesn't take long for the page to load, the advanced editor does take a little while because it has to draw all the little icons and it has three sets of them (it individually loads each set and that is kinda silly but that is how it works)Try getting this newest version today if you are new to PHP-Nuke and upgrade if you aren't cause you are missing some really neat stuff by not having this version.

Well..... php-nuke is a pretty neat CMS, but they're crazy charging for it!!!!, not because it's not worth it, but because there are some better cms, maybo not better, but equal.. for ex: Mambo, or Xoops....So, i would recommend, try the freebies first and evaluate!

Well..... php-nuke is a pretty neat CMS, but they're crazy charging for it!!!!, not because it's not worth it, but because there are some better cms, maybo not better, but equal.. for ex: Mambo, or Xoops....

So, i would recommend, try the freebies first and evaluate!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where did this myth that PHP-Nuke charges with the exception of a few months ago they did offer a version for ten dollars, but if you looked further that same version was available else where absolutely free. I have yet to pay the first penny for any version of PHP-Nuke and I have PHP-Nuke versions from 6.8 to the newest which is the 7.7.0.3.

I tried XOOPS and didn't really like it and likeing both the phpBB forums and the Invision forums I have nukes running with both forums. I am dissappointed with the bbcode that are available with IPB but and eriting mods for that forum. I have just uploaded and am in the process of setting up a PHP-Nuke version 7.4 with IPB forums, it is referred to as IPB-Nuke and works quite well, of course just now setting it up the forums don't have much because I have not added mods or themes or anything like that yet but will. The site is at this LINK just for those that are curious.

Mambo is far better than any version of PHP-Nuke in my opinion which is great because it has a bridge for SMF which is much better that phpBB. Of course IPB is the BB King, but SMF is very nice and a heck of a lot cheaper at $0.00.

The only real drawback to Mambo compared to PHP-Nuke is that the default Web Links in Mambo is pitiful but the Bookmarks add-on makes up for that.

Just my opinion. :D

vujsa

By the way, the BB King thing just happened without effort. Those of you that are lost right now, turn off the rap and start listening to music instead.

If you think that IPB is the BB King you might be interested in my modified PHP-Nuke called IPB Nuke which uses the IPB forums ( I have modified the BB Code a little). To see a working PHP-Nuke with IPB forums go to IPB Nuke

If the most important thing on you r page is the forums.. then php-nuke or mambo, or another cms is not the answer (portal like cms's)...

go to http://www.opensourcecms.com/ and check out the forums thay have!!!!!!!!

Not even Xisto use a portal for the host... you have to build a web according to your needs and desires!