xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
illarrestmyself

Reverse Video And software suggestions?

I am an amateur filmmaker, and I desperately need a video editing program that can reverse video. I have tried using Fade to Black, which can reverse video, but when I mix down to an .avi, the file is glitchy and I lose a lot of frames. Does anyone know of any software that can reverse video but still retain the quality of the original video, sans glitches? Thanks.

Hi, I personally have no great experience with film making. I have however created a couple of video presentations for my previous website. I don't really know any specific programs that can help you out here. I generally tended to use Windows Movie Maker or similiar simple movie creater programs. I had a quick look on the internet for you and a program that I found that might be of interest to you is Video Edit Magic. Like I said I don't have any personal experience with this site, but the feedback seems to be quite good. I'll let you take a look at it and see what you think... (http://www.deskshare.com/help/vem/WhatsNew.aspx)I hope this helps and I'm just sorry that I couldn't be of more help to you. Thanks, Sean Webber.

my suggest is Adobe Premiere.adobe premiere is  perofessional and flexible software ,adobe premiere offers the perfect combination of creative control and reliability for home video editing It automates tedious tasks so you're free to cupture your movies from many devices ,create cool effects and transitions and easily burn DVDs. And you can take advantage of Adobe Title Designer, MPEG-2 export, DVD authoring, powerful audio tools, and more to create extraordinary video productions.I love that Adobe Premiere Elements is dependable and simplifies so many tasks, such as adding transitions. - Ian Webb, Grandfather and family memory keeper

i use premiere 7 as my video editor...

my suggest is Adobe Premiere.adobe premiere is perofessional and flexible software ,adobe premiere offers the perfect combination of creative control and reliability for home video editing It automates tedious tasks so you're free to cupture your movies from many devices ,create cool effects and transitions and easily burn DVDs. And you can take advantage of Adobe Title Designer, MPEG-2 export, DVD authoring, powerful audio tools, and more to create extraordinary video productions.I love that Adobe Premiere Elements is dependable and simplifies so many tasks, such as adding transitions. - Ian Webb, Grandfather and family memory keeper

couldn't agree more..

reverse video is a simple step in premiere..
add the file, set the speed in reverse, convert it.
and the result is fine.
(the sound is also got reversed) :D

hiya...

Thanks for all the replies... I was aware that Premiere does have a feature to reverse video, but I really don't have the $600-$700 to shell out for non-linear video editing software. So for now I'll have to stick with linear video editing and keep looking for possibly some freeware to reverse video. Thanks again.

I am an amateur filmmaker, and I desperately need a video editing program that can reverse video.  I have tried using Fade to Black, which can reverse video, but when I mix down to an .avi, the file is glitchy and I lose a lot of frames.  Does anyone know of any software that can reverse video but still retain the quality of the original video, sans glitches?  Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

without a doubt, i would recommend Sony Vegas 4.0 .. however, this is not a free program --- you can find more at http://download.cnet.com/windows/, just do a search for free software. however, if you dont mind paying the money for Vegas, i'd recommend it

without a doubt, i would recommend Sony Vegas 4.0 .. however, this is not a free program --- you can find more at http://download.cnet.com/windows/, just do a search for free software. however, if you dont mind paying the money for Vegas, i'd recommend it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree about Vegas, but go with the demo of Vegas 6. It lasts for 30 days and it is a complete version. You will need the .net framework and directx 9

I downloaded it and LOVE it!! (i was using vegas 2)

I am an amateur filmmaker, and I desperately need a video editing program that can reverse video.  I have tried using Fade to Black, which can reverse video, but when I mix down to an .avi, the file is glitchy and I lose a lot of frames.  Does anyone know of any software that can reverse video but still retain the quality of the original video, sans glitches?  Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I recommend adobe premier. There is a small glitch that if you import mpegs, the sound gets a little funky. I wouldn't buy this (i'm still trying to find some good free software that does reverse) but i set the speed to -%100 in my old copy of adobe premier and it played backwards

I agree about Vegas, but go with the demo of Vegas 6.  It lasts for 30 days and it is a complete version.  You will need the .net framework and directx 9

I downloaded it and LOVE it!! (i was using vegas 2)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IN Vegas 6 you select the clip and insert a velosity envelope. Click on the envelope line and drag it down to the bottom of the clip- it slows down the clip then after reaching a specific point, it reverses the clip. Simple and cool.

Ed

On Final Cut reversing video is a synch. I know it's expensive, especially for more advanced versions but take it from me, if you are really serious about being a filmmaker. I've been a film major for three years now and I have made several of my own short films. I guarentee you will need either Final Cut or Avid in order to survive. Simple as that.

There is a powerful resouce, but it isn't easy to use because you need to learn a script language suited for video editing. This is AviSynth, it's an opensource programming language for video processing and editing. I succesfully used it to reverse a music video for making a joke involving satanic messages and so on.(I know that this thread is older than 1 year, but this info might be of any use for some people, or at least i hope so)

hi i wana reverse a video n play it in reverse

Reverse Video

Example you cut a bottle with knife afte reversing the video and playing it the video should like your knife going back and the bottle joining and more upto first like before itrs cut

So which software do you suggest me my frnd?

-reply by jonah