xisto Community
geancanach

Crack Encryption testing my algorithm

i have coded an encryption alorithm, and am looking to test it before a public release, so i would like to challenge everyone to try to crack this

-""!!1H![s3^M6N-G=VF_EB%H<^[K!QNDNV+,CA>B5"L69Y8.H\#6]J-3*JAZ.+BM8B]CC)$.P<_<+&1B&)COHV;Z^[NJK$TE=#S.:&W6^$O>))F'L/F\[8BOELBS3`A;ULJ\^0O,>[X
@:E>XD\\EWIS,XZ!!E//2W<C+EA=Y<G2^`.@(!T&5>AD^>";*&:U)R4TT]5E7_.@D?[#"\
V;+@Y\XOI?.(I`&\*;(K%]]A=5MF=(6<'P;JI@GJ356"4GC2J(@_X)QI4@MM#WJDE$1!1Y
M-W[9I]A;>@.-WZS*T0`-M(V-D$P]D$JU08@ABX6J>PA**(,E.V(N)A"*A\)G:0<]D`+FC
>93R<\:2%XVB%0.R*N)Y_H4+>1I64!XKE&RQ\L;@CU.-YW3O7K@4U

you forgot to provide the encryption algorithm.wth any public encryption program, the hackers know the algorithms uused to encrypt the program,.to truely test your programs strength, you need to post the source code to the encryption program.

Well Looks like the Author has gone never to return.

looking at the *encrypted* code we can see that...

1) All characters are normal human readable Ascii characters.
This leads me to believe that no mathematical binary encryption was performed.

other-wise i woul expect the encryption look a little mor like

WRX CDR[\"#;Q8!D>MQP"QOf"O'>u%RM\BA]MQPy.(O?b RMC@@\BAVAO	YQSOTRX C.#8A(CmAQSCq]OePqC'=)v^MTADMR*"(Lc1,RNCY	NXR[\X^[_Lq/;RNk*	H>MQP"QOf"O'>u%RMU ]S&!wC<=/A@HLB BSAYMOUW_OYQSO. d^M4?UmAQSCq]eS-+=**A	 ]S&!wC<=/A@HL @N^MC
(from my encryption chalenge)

The so called encryption here is probably a character swap algorithm, for example, Swap all 'A' characters with '%'

2) Each line ends in exactly the same place.
This is either an insane coincidence, or the carrage return was not encrypted (like it would be in a mathematical binary encryption)
further supporting my first assumtion.

if i were to try and break this encryption, i would look for the most often occuring characters, and replace them with the most common english characters.
try to get as many as possbale, and play word search wioth the rest.

next time insomnia gets me, ill have a go.

small note from me:I think he maybe used some kind of an array with predefined characters, and did something with the original ascii code of the input so it would return a number within the array's range and match the appropriate character for it.Also, it seems that he also used somekind of way to randomize his output, because i can't see much frequency in the used characters. Maybe something with the position of the file.I really doubt it if this secret will be solved one day.

To truely have a chance, we need the encryption program / algorithm.Without the Enigma machine, i doubt <insert name of father of modern computing> would have crached german encryption in WW2.

The real question is can the creator decrypt his own crypt. If not, how are we supposed to. That's like the guy who gave me something to decrypt, and the method he used to encrypt it was (it was in ascii, every byte is one character. [byte] will be a variable standing for each byte of the message)

[byte] = [byte] xor 11111111b[byte] = [byte] or 10101010b[byte] = [byte] and 0000000b[byte] = [byte] + rand(int(0, 255))
(The preceeding was pseudo code)
This in essence crypted everything into a random character with no way of going back, pointless, but totally secure :(.

~Viz

Yep, Allan Turing.The guy inspired to create the modern computer by the early death of his boyfriend.The guy who studdied advanced maths to such a degree, at such a young age, that he neglected basic math (and often failed math tests in school)Creaed a few KICK *bottom* computers, (which were top secret).After winning the war, attempted to get contracts to build and sell more computers, but no1 believed they would work (he wasnt allowed to say that he knew they worked or why)later convicted of homosexuality (a crime at the time)and commited suicide.after his conviction he famously said "If i had buggered a sheep, i would have got 1 month max".Very interesting guy.