xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Grelifanatic

Wow Vs. Guildwars

This is basically what all my friends, including me, think of the two. Guild War is an okay game with some very nice aspects, but World of Warcraft simply leaves GW in the dust. With WoW, you can count on making many calculations just to enter a battle that you know would be worth the while, and have some very nice drops. I've seen some groups plan for hours to get the perfect strategy, and most of the time when it turns out good, it gives you that simply nice and compelling feel of victory, like the game makes everything worth what you just did.I've gone through that on my friend's account many times, it's quite nice to feel. I would probably have gotten WoW, but I simply like Final Fantasy Eleven much better for my own tastes. But about Guild War and World of Warcraft, Guild war is a very nice game, but just doesn't stand a chance to World of Warcraft's vast gameplay and fundability, if that's a word.

I have to say WoW, mostly because I work for them and no other mmo would allow a 16 year old to work for them. Also I tried Guild wars, and the lack of items, and the lack of customize-ability makes it horrible, even if you were to compare a game like EQ to WoW, it wouldn't be fair, since you can do so much more, and there are so much less bugs on WoW then there are on EQ, I quit EQ because if I gotten stuck in one more cliff, I would have had to write an EXTREMELY angry letter at someone. With all caps, and bold.

Ok, I saw another thread about this here on the forum so I guess I'll have to post here too. Alright first things first, WoW has been out longer then GW and its been put out by a Known Company and is being run on a well known, tried and true gaming network. While NCSoft has been around for a while, Arena.net hasn't, this is their first title, and I must say, after playing SC/BW, Diablo, D2, D2:LoD, WarCraft 2 BNet, WC3, WC3:FT; and dealing with all the hacks and outages I am pleasently surprised with Arena.net. Since they went LIVE with GW I haven't gott'n a "realm down" or can't connect.Ok now for actually comparing GW and WoW...thats like comparing Veil and rumproast, with GW being the Veil. Ok they both come from the same beast, i.e. MMO, but GW isn't a RPG in the same reguard as WoW. GW is more of a squad based RPG as stated by someone earlier. As for the lack of items, man think about it, would you release a game the size of WoW with no monthly fee and roll it out with massive amounts of stuff already for the picking, or would you release a smaller game that was still fun to play and then slowly release more areas and items?Well NCSoft/Arena.net decided to release a smaller game that wasn't a real MMORPG but more of a massivily multiplayer cooperative role playing game, see where it went, saw it was doing excelently, fixed some bugs, released new areas to explore, then new quests, next they are gonna release 2 new area's to explore with new quests and rumored new items and gear, and other rumored stuff that are only rumors so I won't post em here since they aren't fact.WoW and GW are 2 similar games, but like apples and oranges they may be from a similar family but are totally different.Oh and the Graphics of GW kick WoW all over the map. Also the community of GW rocks that of WoW. Many guilds, like mine, Like to help out new players and other guilds when they need it. I've been around GW since it went live and I plan on being there till its last days. After all the hacks and problems I had on B.net I'm through with Blizzard and B.net I couldn't get good customer support when I needed it but for a real simple problem with another player and a possible hack Arena.net was right there and answered me in less the 24 hours...it took almost a month for b.net to answer me.

Well heres the thing...WoW is apparently very addicting, and thats the downside to it. My friends brother plays it all the time...we used ta all be pretty tight buds...he played WoW and now he doesnt even have money from his paycheck...I'll do a brief breakdown WoW GWInteraction between players yes yesLength of Game n/e n/e (these are from what i have heard)Graphics Awesome GreatPay yes noyou decide(sry if this counts as spamming...no ideas on how else ta break it down)

ok yes, at this time, WoW has more content...but that won't last for much longer. GW launched small and is letting the community help develop the game into what they want in many different ways. We ask for something, and if its a large number of people wanting it and it isn't that hard to incorporate, or even if it is, the GW team seems more then willing to help incorporate it in one form or another. Also they give out new free content everynow and then. With the first Expansion coming out in the first half of next year and more free content to be launched shortly and all the PvP that happens and the constantly evolving team builds I'll be sticking with GW.

I myself play WoW and so do a few of my friends. We always group together, share loot, share gold, and we are in the same guild. Probably the reason I didn't buy Guild Wars was because no one plays it in my area. I know maybe 2 people that bought it, From what I have heard, Blizzard's updates are much better that GW's and contain more content. But, from experience, I can say Blizzard likes to insert cool new features but rarely ever fixes bugs, such as the Mage bugs which have been ignored since retail.Both games have their strong points, but it depends on who has it and who doesn't in my opinion.

Here is a follow up on my comparison between Guild Wars and WoW.

WoW

- Monthly Fee

- Amazing Game / World Always being updated

- Many Classes / Races

- Quests are fun / challenging

- More Levels to Gain

- Many more players

- Many Dungeon Instances you can also run

- Open world unlike GW which everything is an instance

- PvP AKA Battlegrounds but you can also raid citys / dungeons etc.

- PvP Honor Awards

- Mounts

- Mail System

- Auction House

- 2 Opposing Factions / More Lore

- many more that is too much to discuss.

Guild Wards

-Better Graphics

- No monthly fee

- More competetive PvP

- More Guild Oriented

- No High LvL Dungeons to my knowledge

- Low LvL Cap

- only can have 8 skills in action bar at a time

- Every Part of the world is an instance and has to be loaded. In Wow you can just run where you want.

- Not as big of fanbase, etc.

To Sum it all Up

The better MMORPG by far is WoW ( World of Warcraft ). It's a great game if you're willing to pay the fee. You will most likely become addicted to it but it's such a great game offering many styles of play etc. Guild Wars is good for the hardcore PvPer and those that don't want to pay the monthly fee. It's really up to you to choose which one is better for you.

Well, i can honestly say for myself that I enjoy both WoW and Guild Wars. I find time to play them both, and the only thing it takes it time, since im not paying anything extra for Guild Wars monthly.What drives me to play Guild Wars was the short amount of time it took to reach the max level, only 20, but then again the game is geared toward PVP, and they do a great job of doing this, the tournament mode is probably one of the best PVP setups in the world for any game, because it takes different versions of the game (From different countries) And pits these countires against each other. WoW has a great pvp aspect, but you can really only enjoy it to its potential once you reach level 60, but the game has amassive amount of content, and so far for me the support has been really quick to reply when i put a ticket in, and I play on one of the most crowded server - Illidan. So if your like me, you love both, but I have to say that WoW takes up *most* of my time, but only because in Guild Wars end-game is reached very quickly.

I must say that even after all the debates I've seen around and playing both games that I still find myself playing Guildwars and have Uninstalled WoW for the last time I'll never install it again. I'm personally tired of the monthly fees for a game that is so full of bugs and a company that seems unwilling to take care of them while pumping in content just to "stay ahead of the game" and prove that they can out do the upstart company that dares to challange them on their own turf.Guildwars is the first of its type of game and from what I've heard it will definetly be around for a long time. More and more people are being drawn into it, and with its release of its much touted "Free Summer Game Play Update" on Sept. 7th they once again prove that they are dedicated to the hardcore PvPers as well as the RPGer. The world was expanded, new items/quests were added and the level difficulty was upped. Personally I can hardly wait till they release their first expansion and see what they do next.