xisto Community
Reaver

Teamspeak 2 Vs Ventrilo Diferences Of The Leading Voice Programs

TeamSpeak Vs Ventrilo  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have used vent for quite a while now, never Teamspeak. I find ventrilo to be a well designed software with lots of flexibility and options. That's not to say I don't have my wish list of changes to the program, but all-in-all i am happy with its performance.It is true, when comparing vent to skype, there are some quality differences, but at what expense? Skype could be run smoothly by some, in addition to running whichever game you play, but one cannot forget about the multitude of others who need all the juice they can get out of their gaming rig and cannot spare that extra ram and resources required by skype. Ventrilo truly is a low-resource requirement program, relatively speaking.Like I said before, I cannot offer a heads-up comparison of vent to ts, but from what I have gathered from iGuest's post, ventrilo is the way to go; and my experience supports that.Plus, ventrilo has been around for a long time and more than likely has greater acceptance within the gaming community. And if the fact is true that TS is no longer being supported and updated, then I would 100% go with ventrilo.

vent or tsTeamspeak 2 Vs Ventrilo

Whoever says that TS has a better sound quality than Ventrilo is on crack or something. Its simple, better codecs = better quality.

And ventrilo really doesn't take up that much more of your RAM or proccessor.  Yes, it does take like 4 times more than TS, but if running a program that is not even 1/2 as processor-strenuous as FireFox or IE is hard on your computer, I think you need to upgrade to the 21st century and get at least 2GB RAM and a 1.6Ghz processor.  That's PLENTY to run both Vent, TS, 4 Firefox browsers, an IE browser, and Elder Scrolls: Oblivian without noticing even the faintest bit of "lag" or skipping.

-reply by ventuserKeywords: is there a way to auto-register users on ventrilo?

Teamspeak 2 userTeamspeak 2 Vs Ventrilo

Out of the 2 VoIP clients/servers I find that teamspeak 2 is more friendly for administration. I can ban a ip range in teamspeak2 like this 71.120.*.* where in vent it won't let me do the ip range ban like that.

The biggest difference between the two is that vent has better quality in codecs,  teamseak is user friendly to the users to restricting bandwidth on the client for better latency for gaming online and  administration of the server.

-reply by Ozz

No one should use VentriloTeamspeak 2 Vs Ventrilo

I wrote/am writing a Ventrilo client for Linux.  Without a doubt, no one should use this program.  First of all, the fact that I have to stare at packet dumps and decipher the protocol simply to provide a Linux version (which Ventrilo should do) is annoying.

Secondly, every single time you connect to a Ventrilo server, the client tells the company that makes Ventrilo about your connection.  In other words, your activity on the internet is logged by the Flagship.

Thirdly, Ventrilo can simply turn off any server they want at any time.  Here is a list of error messages for reasons why they may have terminated your server:

ID Description
1 This server has not been authenticated yet. Please try connecting again in a few minutes.
2 This server has not been configured properly. Please contact your hosting company.
3 This server has been remotely disabled.
4 This server has been disabled by order of the Department of Homeland Security.
5 This server has been disabled by order of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
6 This server has been disabled by order of the United States Government.
7 This server has been disabled by order of the United States Secret Service.
8 This server has been disabled by order of the goverment in which the server is hosted.
9 This server has been disabled by order of the United States Military.

Your client should not have to request permission from the company in order to connect to a server.  Use teamspeak or mumble.

-reply by Eric

Teamspeak does the same as ventTeamspeak 2 Vs Ventrilo

In response to your Comment about no one should use vent because it reports to the master server. Teamspeak does the same thing. They do this to regulate the hosting. The client before connecting reads a banlist on Teamspeaks server and references the IP that the client is going to connect to against the list . They do this to regulate the liscencing for hosts and also Offenders. Its just another way of regulation to make our experiences better and safer, and also keeps us from joining a Black Hat's teamspeak.

-reply by Thorn

TS3 vs VentriloTeamspeak 2 Vs Ventrilo

TeamSpeak3 is a better written program. It is less bandwidth intensive resulting in lower latency. It has more features and configuration options. It can be more fully integrated into a website. It is supported by Linux/Windows/Mac. It is less expensive to run (NPL is free for 512 slots/5 servers). TeamSpeak3 and Mumble may not be the most popular choices, but they are definitely the most well written projects out there that yield the best results. The best things in life really are free.

-reply by James