xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mahanon

Phantasy Star Online Old version and New

Does anyone play Phantasy Star Online, or has this just become one of those games that everyone has forgotten. In cse it hasn't Sega is releasiing a newer version just for the PC Phantasy Star ONline Blue Burst I don't really know the exact details but Sega is allowing free BETA TESING for this game, I for one am going to be playing this game with what friend enloy this game... Oh yeah and they are also releasing a new Phatasy Star game, Phantasy Star Universe which was shown at this years E3 show, it is also supposed to have an online capability as well as a single player story line but I'm not really sure about that part but the online portion is supposed to span a total of three worlds, can't wait to play it. :)

Does anyone play Phantasy Star Online, or has this just become one of those games that everyone has forgotten. In cse it hasn't Sega is releasiing a newer version just for the PC Phantasy Star ONline Blue Burst I don't really know the exact details but Sega is allowing free BETA TESING for this game, I for one am going to be playing this game with what friend enloy this game... Oh yeah and they are also releasing a new Phatasy Star game, Phantasy Star Universe which was shown at this years E3 show, it is also supposed to have an online capability as well as a single player story line but I'm not really sure about that part but the online portion is supposed to span a total of three worlds, can't wait to play it. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Microsoft is also releasing Phantasy Star Online 2 for XboX Live! Its the first online multiplayer roleplaying game released for XboX

It has character classes, weapons, enemies, items, and quests awaiting discovery.

It has split-screen feature. So, four friends can adventure through the main quest, as well as the other game-play modes, on the same Xbox.

Peace, :)

-!DraXxuS!-

yea you guys can sign up for beta testing here
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ its pretty fun. More fun then ragnarok online in my opinion. Esposide I is out in the beta testing, II currently dosen't work. You can join someone party or just go solo. Only bad thing to me is i think the money picked up in game, during party should be split evenly, but its just whoever picks it up, you get it all. Also xp isn't shared in party.

yea you guys can sign up for beta testing here

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ its pretty fun.  More fun then ragnarok online in my opinion.  Esposide I is out in the beta testing, II currently dosen't work.  You can join someone party or just go solo.  Only bad thing to me is i think the money picked up in game, during party should be split evenly, but its just whoever picks it up, you get it all.  Also xp isn't shared in party.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

People I just started playing this today I am really enjoying it, then again it is a Phantasy Star game so of course Im'a gonna like it. But I had to take all my language pakes off before I could type anything, if anyone is haveing that problem just remove the language packs and it should work after that I'm really hoping that they will fix this problem in the final version. I'ma also wandering if they are going to let people pay to play the beta after free testing is over I'm really hopeful. Everyone should play this, a lot better than Ragnarok and I really like that game too. :)

Phantasy Star online is a great online game. The sad thing is, I don't play it anymore. Well, I would start again if more people played it. Let's hope the next one brings a lot more people in it, then I'll get it.

People I just started playing this today I am really enjoying it, then again it is a Phantasy Star game so of course Im'a gonna like it. But I had to take all my language pakes off before I could type anything, if anyone is haveing that problem just remove the language packs and it should work after that I'm really hoping that they will fix this problem in the final version. I'ma also wandering if they are going to let people pay to play the beta after free testing is over I'm really hopeful. Everyone should play this, a lot better than Ragnarok and I really like that game too. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes this game is going pay to play after beta testing is over. You need to buy a hunter license of some sort. I wonder if we get to keep our beta characters but... other then that, I wouldn't mind paying for it

yes this game is going pay to play after beta testing is over.  You need to buy a hunter license of some sort.  I wonder if we get to keep our beta characters but... other then that, I wouldn't mind paying for it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats really good to know, now the only thing I need to do is get my hunters license and get used to the controls for this game that's my only problem....so confusing :D

I played PSO Episode 1, 2, & 3 on the Nintendo Gamecube. The game was very fun and addicting. When the codes came out it kind of got ruined. Now I admit I was excited about the codes when they came out, but I think the game would have lasted longer if they hadn't. I have a friend that still plays it and I hear the game is more like a chatroom now. And do to FSOD codes most of Vega is uninhabited. PSOBB sounds like its going to be good though. I think I'm going to try BETA testing it and see if I get addicted.

Well beta is nearly over from what I understand. I was playing since the first day but life steaped in and said "you dont have the time" :(

I also believe that Beta charicters will not be purged. The admin of the official forum stated that himself.

and Finaly.....

Microsoft is also releasing Phantasy Star Online 2 for XboX Live! Its the first online multiplayer roleplaying game released for XboX
It has character classes, weapons, enemies, items, and quests awaiting discovery.
It has split-screen feature. So, four friends can adventure through the main quest, as well as the other game-play modes, on the same Xbox.

Peace, smile.gif
-!DraXxuS!-

That was a few years ago dude :(

I almost fill really bad I gave up playing Blue Burst after I got bored not to mention irritated with the controls, so I went back to the Game cube version and then I got bored with that.So after a few days of that I just gave up on playing Phantasy Star Online all together I guess it didn't help that I do have a life that I would rather be involved in then just this game .This is why I almost fill really bad about giving this game up, and to think I was so happy when I found out that Sega put Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst up for Beta, I guess I'm just not cut out for online gaming.

Is the game still up for Beta? Because my friend said it wasn't but I'm not sure how reliable that source is. Anyways, I'd love to play the beta a bit if you guys know its still going. I wish this game was free to play though even if F2P had less features it would be a great F2P game. I just can't afford any more monthly games.

Sadly this game is no longer up for Beta, as of June 9th the Beta Testing ended and then people who wish to play the game are going to be charged for playing the game.If you do like to play MMORPGs I would suggest you consider playing this gamethe cost should be rather low for this game, though I do think that you need to purchase a hunters lisense in order to play this game as well, but I'm not really sure about that part.

Yeah, I used to really enjoy playing the dreamcast and then later the xbox version. I had a hunters license for a little while on the xbox version but I could never stick with this game that long. It was a little repetitive after a bit. Anyways, thanks for the info about it not being beta anymore. That kind of sucks.