xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
IcedMetal

Awsome Photoshop Tutorials A great tutorial site

I have looked for Photoshop tutorials all my life. Not really but you get what I'm saying. This site was very helpfull to me. I learned everything starting from the basics. Now I can make my own site template. Awww, such a touching story. I bet your thinking, God damnit why does'nt he just post the site already. Don't you love suspense? Ok, fine the site is http://www.good-tutorials.com/, great name huh?

-----This is not a tutorial, but instead a link to a tutorial. Therefore, this does not belong in the tutorials section. Moved to Designing section.-----szupie

Edited by szupie (see edit history)

hmmm... sounds good, but i like notutorials.com better. (even a greater name, isnt it?) :)
i haven't got photoshop, but i can use the tutorials anyway, everything is explained. not just how you do it, also *why* you do it. i found this site through notemplates.com, someone here named it, and it has good templates. same for notutorials.com (but notutorials.com has got tutorials instead of templates :))

There is another program called GIMP, which is a complete rip off of Photoshop. With the first link below you can convert all of your functions of GIMP to be the same as Photoshop. Now that GIMP is the same as Photoshop you can take the gimp tutorials and it will be the same as useing Photoshops tutorials.

1) http://www.gimp.org/

2) http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/

Tutorials, tutorials, toutorials..... They're good to know and they're good to use in desperate times (Need to learn something fast). I've seen many tutorials throughout the web but nothing beats going to BORDERS, find the tutorial in BOOK form, sit down and read. Obviously, every tutorial book you may find in bookstores or libraries are at least 1-2 inches thick and who would want to read such a ridiculously long essay on how the pencil in Adobe Photoshop 6.0 works? This problem can be solved easily - ditch the chapter and move on to the next. But it is exactly what hurts you the most when actually going to hands-on work with Adobe Photoshop or Macromedia Fireworks. Theory is good but with a whole chunk missing it might be rendered totally useless. Most tutorial books often have chapters that refer ack to previous chapters. This is good because it refreshes your mind on the topic. What about online tutorials? I'm not saying its bad but it is just basically a summarised version of the book that the author (of the online tutorial) read. Reader: OK quit the yapping and go straight to the point. Me: Better read a complete tutorial book than study an online tutorial

Tutorials are great in the very very beginning. But one has to move away from them or you just stay at one stage, never changingBasically tuts teach just one concept, on how to do something but you have to expeirment before you can get anywhere in the GFX area.Also books don't help much either, again they just teach the basics and nothing moreI'm making a site right now, its going to teach concepts and not step by step tutorials.Instead I will have what each tool does and the stuff like that, I will realease it after everything is done ;D