xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
qwijibow

Truely Annonymous Internet None of that Proxy rubbish

Why would you want to be able to surf truely anonymously on the Internet? If one isn't doing anything illegal like trying to hack into servers etc, then i think it's fine to surf not-so-anonymously. Are there reasons to surf anonymously? Privacy reasons?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Of course it is for privacy. If all your loose ends are tied up, then you literally become invisible to hackers.

Nice tool, wont be using it though just yet.

I don't care what anyone says there is no such thing as 100% Anonymous Internet surfing. Sure this method may make it harder for people to be tracked but not impossible.

Okay, Nothing is Impossable.
but Think of how hard it is to brute force strong encryption.
now take into accound the data has been strongly encrypted several times over.
now take into account that the data passed though several random nodes.
how many different possable combinaton of differen noed are there 100 to the power of n, where n is the number of times it was re-encrypted.
now take into account the fact that none of these servers keep logs of this traffic.

strong encryption * n * 100 to the power of n... with NO server logs.
the encrpyted data only lasts for the split second it takes to pass through the node.

read the documentation on the site.

I am the first ot admit my education in encryption only goes as far as Computer science cource in College.. But this annonymous method looks sound to me.

Do we have any cryptography experts here at astohast forum ?

The Cloak allows for some anonymous surfing, but you are limited unless you pay for the service.

I still think there are ways to track people. No matter what programs are out there, newer ones are being created to be able to follow the footprints left when surfing.

Best thing to do is not go where you don't want to be found out!

:D

The Cloak allows for some anonymous surfing, but you are limited unless you pay for the service.
I still think there are ways to track people. No matter what programs are out there, newer ones are being created to be able to follow the footprints left when surfing.

Best thing to do is not go where you don't want to be found out!

Duuuude.. read the documentation on the site that i provided.
the Cloak is a useless.

the cloak is just a proxy.
to the web server you visit will not be able to tace you (without server logs from the proxy)

but your internet service provider knows exactly whats going on at all times.

go to the link i provided in post #1
and read.

now tell me how they are going to know who you are, or what you are doing.

with this software, you ould be playing Half-Life... donwnloading from kernel.org
or be talking on VoIP or using a web cam.. or even uploading /dev/urandom
the traffic would look identicle. even to your own internet service provider.

people are reading just the subject title, and assuming ive posted the link to a proxy.
read the first post, read the link documentation.

Hmm, after further looking into the matter the tor documentations say that most web browsers, and other programs that can be enabled to use a proxy tend to leak dns information.

Tor advises all users who seak truely annonymous internet to use http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Also, people said that they didn't really notice much of a speed decrease...But I'm on a 1.5mps connection....shared through my network, which is only of 2-3computers...in which most are inactive, and I noticed a real slow down in surf speed.

Still a good program nontheless though, but they really expect you to read the manual.

-Enjoy.

Hmm, after further looking into the matter the tor documentations say that most web browsers, and other programs that can be enabled to use a proxy tend to leak dns information.

Thats why it recomends (and sets up by default on gentoo) you use tsocks with tor to remove dns info, and other possable identifying info leaked by browsers.

Why would you want to be able to surf truely anonymously on the Internet? If one isn't doing anything illegal like trying to hack into servers etc, then i think it's fine to surf not-so-anonymously. Are there reasons to surf anonymously? Privacy reasons?

One would have a point :( Althought im sure we have all downloaded content in the past we should have paid 4 etc :(

anonymous surfing

Truely Annonymous Internet

VPN is better way to stay anonymously then other web based solutions

vpnprivacy.Com/anonymous-surfing.Html

Nothing is AnnonymousTruely Annonymous Internet

There is no such thing as completely annonymous. Even Tor, which is a great idea cannot be. All of the Tor servers are run by volunteers around the world. They have no idea who these people are. They could be hackers data mining your data or they could be government agencies looking at what you think is secure data. Since you don't know who is transporting your data and who owns the server where your data emerges unencrypted you know nothing about the security of the data.

Your ISP may not know what you are doing someone somewhere does. This is true for any service of this type. Anyone who tries to sell you VPN or Proxy services claiming it is completely annonymous is a liar.

-reply by Steve