xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kratjeheineken

Webdisigner

An html generator is a program, or sometimes a script, that gives you short-cuts in coding your html page. It usually has a graphical interface that makes coding easier. But, these things usually add some unneccessary codes that just takes up parsing and loading time for no good reason.If it is free with no spyware, it means that you don't have to pay for it at all, and it doesn't contain a virus-like program that harms your computer.

Hi kratjeheineken,

my suggestion for an HTML generator would be Macromedia Dreamweaver but as you say it has to be "Free" and "No trial" that counts that out. other than that i can only suggest Notepad or EditPlus (although EditPlus is not free, unless you get the trial version :)) I use EditPlus alot as it has templates for HTML, CSS, XML, PHP, C++ and a whole bunch of other types of files.

Are you wanting a generator to avoid typing all the code? If you are wanting to learn the syntax of HTLM the best way is to type out the code rather than get a generator to do it for you, and as Szupie said generators add a lot of unnessasary code.

Here is a great site for learning HTML and a few other things:

http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp

szupie, i think he is lookijg for a free html generator, rather than asking the meaning :)

have a look at NVU (new-View) http://www.nvu.com/
its free and open, works with Linux, MacOSX and Windows.