xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Subaru

Negative Credits? Suspended? What's Going On? I cant login to my hosted account...

I just signed up for a free hosted account a week or so ago and left for some much needed vacation time. I just got back today and came on here to check the posts and what-not and to get my site started when I see this at the top:

HOSTING CREDITS : (-)7.42 (Negative) Your Hosting Credits have Expired. You will need atleast 4 credits to UN-SUSPENDED your hosting Account. Account is UN-suspended only when a user has more than 3 hosting credits. You get credits by making forum posts. After you make the required posts, your hosting account will be active automatically within a few hours.
The Hosting Credits determine the amount of days you can remain inactive. We recommend that you maintain a sufficient amount of hosting credits ( more than 7-10 preferably). This will give you enough time incase you cannot stay online due to any consequences.

If this is due in fact to my inability to be on here while I was away for vacation, then I believe this needs to be looked into by the staff here. There should be some way for the hosted members to be able to tell the staff when we're going on vacation or something to freeze our credits. And for the life of me, I know it probably says it somewhere and I've over-looked it, I didn't know credits shrank that fast. o_O They would have had to have gone down at least 1 a day. Why didn't they shrink -before- I got hosted? :)

Any help/advice would be great,
Thanks.

When you sign up, no matter how many creds you had before signing up you get reset to 5 days of hosting once your hosting account is activated. Hope that helped!

When you sign up for hosting and activate the account, your credits go down to 3 or 4. (I myself went from over 90 to 3, so don't feel bad LOL).

As far as going on a holiday etc goes, to avoid suspended accounts, you would have to build up enough credits to be able to not post for some time (eg. I will be going away for a week, thus I have to make sure I have at least 7 credits or more). There is no way to freeze your credits, as this would definately get abused by people (saying they are going on a vacation for 3 months etc - believe me it does happen).

Your credits shrink a little bit per hour, if you look at it day per day, then yes, you lose one credits per day. This is even mentioned on the index page, where you can read the amount of credits you have left. Mine reads:

HOSTING CREDITS : 196.08 DAYS.

The Hosting Credits determine the amount of days you can remain inactive. We recommend that you maintain a sufficient amount of hosting credits ( more than 7-10 preferably). This will give you enough time incase you cannot stay online due to any consequences.

I can't say whether or not credits shrank when I wasn't hosted, but I think they do (since I am also a moderator on Xisto - sister site with the same system - where my credits do drop and I am not hosted there)

I do believe all of this is explained in the TOS or rules (can't remember which one of the two, perhaps even both) It is also explained in a post in the announcements section :)

couldn't you guys put up a way to not have to post. For example maybe a 1 dollar deal could buy you credits. It wouldnt necisarily be a monthly plan tho.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you're willing to shell out a dollar for posts (monthly or whatever period) - why not just pay $10 for one WHOLE YEAR and get an account with Xisto - Web Hosting.Com - Same features as here and far more stable servers. Think about it :( - it boils down to $0.83 per month ....

Regards,

m^e