xisto Community
kevlar557

Half-life 2 Machinima Help

I was on the internet on a friend's house yesterday, and he introduced me to Red vs. Blue. I was hooked almost instantly. I want to do it for hl2, but I can't seem to find any ways to do it. Can someone throw me a bone here, and give me some clues?

Well, the traditional way is just to get people into a server and act it out. Then just voice over. BUT! I remember someone was developing some sort of modification for HL2 that basically makes you a director. It lets you script AI, use LOTS of camera angles, time sync a lot and take over an NPC in difficult acting situations.I'll update if I can find it and also last time I saw the mod, it was only just being developed. There is already a CS: Source machinima so I'm guessing they just use the traditional method of having a spectator in free-look mode while the others act out the scenes. Just then sync the audio with the visuals and tadaa, your very own machinima.

I was on the internet on a friend's house yesterday, and he introduced me to Red vs. Blue. I was hooked almost instantly. I want to do it for hl2, but I can't seem to find any ways to do it. Can someone throw me a bone here, and give me some clues?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I might be able to use thats. Where exactly can you get this?

Garry's Mod (GMod)

You will find this mod priceless while working with HL2. It let's you pose characters in any direction, weld objects together to create stuff (LIKE ROCKET BEDS and houses made of matresses and wood). Even if you don't use it to create a Machinima with, you'll have hours of fun just mucking around with stuff :)

I still haven't been able to find the mod I was talking about. It had a lot of features and was being created specifically for the purpose you are after. But still, give GMod a try and with the help of some other people, you should be able to make a start and have some fun at the same time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah redvsblue is really good. If you want to download the episodes go here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ make sure you download episode 0 first the intro first then 1,2,3,4 etc so you know whats going on :D

here is a screenshot from the intro: (its attached)