xisto Community
EJay

Windows \ Linux / Macintosh Which One do you use most and Why

I use Linux mostly because it is my server forr irc, and I have to interact with it cionstantly so that I can use diffrent applications on it to help support my website (which by the way is .04mb to big to install lol) I use Windows also because many applications are made for WIndows and it has an okay gui. Macs are just used because they have supieror graphics. But they are also used because most people think that no one has a mac so they are virus free. (Tangent Alert) I got a Dell, 80 gigs, XP Home, and I tried to run defrag, but it said I had to run chkdsk it said that i had to restart my computer so all my apps weren't running. So then it runs before the OS boots up, and everyone time unless I cancel it, it just restarts and goes into a loop. (End) So my favorite would have to be Winux, its Linux with a windows emulator :angry:

I have a mac and I'm very happy of that..Mac OS X works very well, I don't have problems with it..I'm not interested into hardware and games so my iMac is perfect for me...I can use photoshop, flash, dreamweaver, that's al I need

I use Windows because I run alot of different programs that don't work on mac/linux, and I'm making some programs too... And I have used windows all the time :angry:

Now i use Windows because i need to play games ^^... In my new notebook i'll install Linux because i'll use it for work. Never try MacOS...

I mainly use Linux on my laptop since I need to carry it around school and it's stable so when I'm taking notes, I don't need to worry about BSOD or sudden reboots like on Windows. I use Windows on my desktop since I'm not going to bother dual booting anymore since it's taking me too much of my time to maintain it.xboxrulz

I mainly use Linux on my laptop since I need to carry it around school and it's stable so when I'm taking notes, I don't need to worry about BSOD or sudden reboots like on Windows. I use Windows on my desktop since I'm not going to bother dual booting anymore since it's taking me too much of my time to maintain it.xboxrulz

I use windows, i really want to start using linux, but i think im waiting till windows longhorn comes out, and then buy new hardware for that OS b/c its supposed to be momory and speed hungry, and then ill build a new computer for that and ill install linux in the one i am currently using.

Although its the system I use at home, I don?t like Windows. I?m getting used now to Linux and I suppose that if I could deal with all the compatibility issues, I would use only Linux... games aren?t a big problem because I don?t play too much and anyway, a partition with Windows would be fine. I also like Macintosh... I?m into web design and Mac has been for ages a standard in that with programs like Quark Xpress or Freehand. Besides, I hate the fact that Windows is a copy of previous O.S of two computers: Macintosh and Amiga. I?d really love that Microsoft went bankrupt. :angry:

A few years ago I switched to Linux because windows 98 had so many bugs.But now windows xp seems to run a lot better so I switched to xp about a year ago and I love it.

I use windows. When I first used computer it was DOS, then unix during my college. But when I started working I had to work on windows, which seems very easy for me, because earlier I have not used windows.So, I prefer windows for its simplicity, eaisily understandability and nothing more I expect from it, because when security and other issues come to play it may bother for a professional personal but for a common user, who does not know about these technicalities, it is really good.I have tried Linux, but I have still not got a good reason why to use Linux instead of WindowsRegarding MacOS, neither I have never used it nor I have seen this.

heepa.... :P try nice Darwin embedded OS-X... somemore, Apache 1.33 is there..yo wont need to care about how to install the famous Apache.. just grab PHP and MySql...then u are there already.. so yo can play around or even yo can host for urself... i thought Apple intended to let all home user to host for themselve.. :D when the internet, ip techonology improve in secriuty issue and all ISP provide for all port of ur desktop open... then there will be nobody who looking for host over net.. yo know miniMac, nice, silent, cheap, OS-X inside.. so u can host for urself, ur own-server, wanna open for how long... that is.. when compare to big Desktop casing, running some other OS.. trouble-shooting all those sever software stuffs.. noisy huuh :P it's nice....thy OS-Xp.s. normally ppls thought that Mac for Audio/Vedio/Graphic professional but one highlight is that nowaday OS-X embedded Apache!! so every Mac desk can be server for ur own host... that what they meant to those big Giga,Meg sizes to let audio,vedio pro host themselve, i thought :D but unfortunately, most audio/vedio pro lacking knowledge in web delvelopment fields, so.....the idea is WIP :)