xisto Community
EJay

Windows \ Linux / Macintosh Which One do you use most and Why

I am about to switch to Kubuntu Linux because I hate windows. But I will use an emulator called Wine, to emulate Photoshop and My Macromedia apps. (Macromedia just got bought for 3.4 billion by Adobe!)If I had the money, I would use a mac. But I dont, so I will just make do with linux.

If you're going for maximum compatibitly, go for Windows.If you're going for maximum comfort and cool graphics, go for MacsIf you're going for maximum results and affordablility, go for Linux.I use all three. :o

I use Windows for my graphics applications, games, etc.but i'm thinking of buying a Mac for the graphic side of things. i've had windows long enuf and use photoshop often enough that the difference in speed will be a real bonus factor. --once i get used to the Mac.

Linux for me please :lol: I use linux because it's fast, stable and safe (no serious virus risk)I'm using Windows two, but that's because for some programs you have to have windows and because of the games. If you are a gamer, many games are for windows. So you have to have Windows on your computer. Another reason to chose for Linux is the price. Linux is MUCH cheaper as Windows!!!

I use the 64-bit Windows XP or Windows Longhorn Beta4 Microsoft Private Issue because of games, easy ness and the fact that 64-bit is just.. unbelievable! And Longhorn is ok to but I cant tell you anything about it srry!~Fuhrer Darker 333

I personally use Windows based systems on both my desktop PC and my laptop. I just feel, from what i have experienced, that Windows is the most user friendly, at least this is my view. Also, i hear from my mate (who uses both Linux and Windows) that he is always having problems with installing new programs on his Linux system, this maybe because he is a fool, or because it's the way the linux system works.I have heard though that Linux is more secure than windows, but i am not so sure of this is really the case.These are all just my personal views, so don't go shouting at me if it is not your own view.

i would like to try linux but i think i would prefer windows because specially of the easy to use and the program/games compability.

I use Windows XP. Always. Never used Linux before, so I can't say anything about it. But I know I hate Macs. Ever since I first had to use one in Elementary school, they've always annoyed me. I don't know what it is about them. But everything Mac / Apple makes annoys me. Even the iPod, and the iThis and iThat and iEverything. But that's just me, don't take it personally, I just hate Mac. I also have Linspire, but I've never used it, my dad hasn't installed it on my computer, only on his.