xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Adwodon

Tattoos Opinions and Ideas

Ill say that before I get slated, I wasnt sure which forum to post this in, and healthcare to me seemed most logical as tattoos are body mod and a way of altering your image to make yourself happier.

I just wanted to know if anyone here has any tattoos?

I have the following

Posted Image

and

Posted Image

I personally really enjoy my tattoos, most people take a disliking for the barcode and frankly im tired of people asking if ive scanned myself in, I got it because its not something you see everyday, im not all 'society has us under control so ill barcode myself' free radical kind of thing, I just thought it would be a neat 1st tattoo.

My second was just something I thought would look kool and appeal to other in my 'circle' I was warned how much it would hurt and they strongly recommended not doing it as a 1st major tattoo (little ones hardly hurt) and I will admit that although sometimes I could hardly feel it there were parts which were damn painful, although nothing to put me off, and I also now have the macho element of saying I endured it hehe.

But yes to the main point of the topic, who has tattoos? If so it would be nice to see em, but dont feel pressured, I appreciate that people get the for personal satisfaction not to flash them around like me hehe

Also what style do people like if any?? I love tribals, but not traditional tribals... I want something a bit different. I like them because they are easy to make out.. people with full sleeves of stuff I find it hard to tell the difference from one to another without taking a good hard look.

But each to their own eh :)

I look forward to hearing what other people have to say about them. Tattoo's are becoming alot more common place especially amost young kids and are no longer just for well 'ard biker gangs and 'working class commoners' and I would like to hear what other people think.

I think tattoos are fine. They give you to express yourself very originally. Although you have to remember it will be there for the rest of your life, and there's no going back. Even the tattoo removal surgeries leave scars behind. But the insane "camoflauged in tattoos" is kind of disgusting to look at. A few small ones here and there are fine, but if there's more ink than skin it's a little disturbing...

true true , After ive finished my shoulder im probaly not gonna do anymore, i agree with u, sometimes i wish i hadnt started my shoulder and sometimes i love it , i dunno i have wierd days , but im keeping it above tshirt length just for the reason u said

I always felt that tattoos were for little boys who wanted to look like big men and fat grubby looking guys with no social life. But it looks like time has changed everything because I find myself steering at the sexy belly button ones around the naval of sexy chicks on the street. And those that go down the split in the back. I some time wonder how far down below the pants waist it goes. To me they give a woman sex appeal but wonder if it really makes such an impact with guys as it does with girls. Maybe it does but who am I to judge?

Ever seen that simpsons episode where barts commet is going to hit springfield and kill everyone ???Dr Frink decides to blow it up with a rocket. on the side of the roket is says "Aim Away From Face"and that got me thinking...gave me a great idea.They say, if you want to be different, if you want to be an individual, either dont get a tatoo, or get a truely origonal tatoo.No tribal bands... thing liek that.so i decided.... How cool would it be...How funny,,, How amusing, how origonal... would it be to get"Aim Away From Face" tatooed along the side of my penis.the few ladies who get the privilage of seeing it will never forget that...plus it will be a great ice breaker LOL.i will become legend !if i discover any of you stealing my idea, i will hunt you down, and force you to et it lazered off (which i assume will not be pleasent)I just have a few questions...can it be done ??all those shallow veins.how long would i not be able to use it ?will it get infected and fall off ?and, will it hurt ?

Hey hey hey I have a tattoo tooo on my right shoulder :) Gimme a few days - am busy shifting house now, but I'll come back and put up a picture of it here. It's a simple one in dark blue, but very ornate and exquisitely done. The picture is that of a royal phoenix but it's a work of art :) Coming back with the picture soon.. I think tattoos are absolutely fine as long as you don't go overboard. It's one thing to deck yourself up nicely - but it's something else when you try hiding yourself behind a curtain of tattoos. A couple of tattoo's around your shoulder or wherever else - enhances your looks, but when you wear them all over your body like a cloak - it really looks disgusting. It's not the real YOU anymore. God's given everyone great looks & a great body - live healthy and live the natural way. And qwiji - you're going to kill yourself man... lol.. it won't get infected or anything if you take care of it properly, but it's going to hurt like a b|tch when you get it done :P You'd probably have to drink a gallon of alcohol and smoke a kilo of pot before attempting to do that. I know of a friend who got his penis pierced - it took almost 2.5months for it to heal completely - he'd to go into complete abstinence till then :) But now he says his girls are enjoying it way way more :P So that leaves one to wonder .... :)Regards,m^e

I don't have any tatooes, but I am interested in getting one. After talking to my boyfriend we both agreed that we would like to go get tatoos on my 18th birthday. I'm not planning on getting a name or anything like that, but I would like to get something nice.Does anyone have any suggests for tatoos? I was thinking something fairly small and with no color.

And qwiji - you're going to kill yourself man.

its funny you should say that, im a bit of a joker.
and i suppose it would make me smile knowng that after im dead, i'll give the docter performing the autopsy a little giggle :)

a joke from beyond the grave :)

I didnt think it would hurt much, as far as i was aware, its just the end that has all the nerve endings.

I know decent tatoo places will not work on you if you are drunk, so dutch courage isnt an option.

im going to amsterdam this summer, wether i get it done depends on how much peer pressure i get :)

I think your tats are great. and I love the barcode its unique . I have 2 tattoo myself and i am going to get a 3rd soon. I am just not sure where to get it yet I was thinking about getting it on my shoulder but i am not sure .. Here is my 2 tats one is on my lower back and the other is on my ankle.

OOOoooo pretty.So... how many warnings would i get if i posted a pic of mine (assumign i get it done) ?

I've got to be honest that I don't like tattoos. And I've been argued against for this notion, of course. My friend argued that "Just because they have a tattoo, it doesn't mean they're bad". Yes, that is true. Also, many "bad" people don't have tattoos. But then only a small minority of say, influential political leaders (what, why are they in the picture? - I wouldn't know) or erm...religious leaders (yes, another poor example) would have a tattoo. I wouldn't judge someone as being bad if they had a tattoo, I'd judge otherwise on their personality. :ph34r:

Body decoration

Tattoos

Replying to Adwodon

For a debate I'm working on ways to change your "outside" body look,I need some opinons (on body changing/enhancement/etc) so could people email me and tell me their opinons?

Thx

-reply by Pippa