xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hexwiz

Spyware And Adware: Remove 'em All

I posted this in another thread realating to the Computer just randomly restarting:

1. Check that your Virus Program is Updated and do a Full System Scan.

2. Download some free Spyware/Adware removal tools:

a. Ad-Aware SE Personal

b. CWShredder

c. HijackThis

d. Microsoft AntiSpyware

e. Spybot - Search & Destroy

f. SpywareBlaster

3. Not free but very good:

a. NoAdware

b. XoftSpy

4. Make sure Windows is Up to date: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/default.aspx

Search the web and you will find the Microsoft AntiSpyware on Microsoft's site, the link is not allowing me to make it clickable.

Also want to check this Registry location as well as the ones listed in the 1st post above:

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3465555210-2527735589-1010642068-1458\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

S-1-5-21-3465555210-2527735589-1010642068-1458 will be different on all computers as well as for all users of the computer when you go to HKEY_USERS make sure you check each of these "not" the ones with _classes after them. Some/Most spyware hides here as well.

Also check:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run-

This must be done with the current user logged in.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I definately agree with Klass, I use all of those programs once a week and keep my computer cleaner than a surgery room.

Also another very good program is "Spyware Doctor".....you can find at MSN's website.