xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Noonster22

Photo Management Software

Google has done something that every other company couldn't. For the first time ever, it is offering a free photo management software. This software lets you edit, customise, and alter images. If you have used Jasc Photoshop, or Adobe Photoalbum, STOP! When your liscense or trial expires, think twice before renewing.Made by google, its interface is of exceptional quality. It has a metallic look, that looks in a blend of glossy and glassy. It is a nice freeware that is very clear and simple to use. Its interface is divided into four sections.Above on top is the toolbar, and the alter buttons.On the Left side is the folders of your images.On the Right are the pictures thumbnails.It also has a resident scanner that scans newly downloaded images and adds it to your photo-library.It hosts both video and photos, and it can change colors, add text, lighten or darken a photo's contrast, etc.All-in-all, it is one of those programs you can't believe its free. It is that good.Download it at Google.com...The program tile is... Picasa.It is exactly what you would expect from the makers of google.

I noticed that a while ago as well.. Looks like this:

Posted Image

The Picasa - Hello - Blogger thing Google has is pretty impressive, especially as its all free.

Can it handle camera raw files? Right now I haven't used any photo management software because no one can properly handle Raw (Adobe Photoshop Album can, but it can't handle my 1Dmk2 CR2 format, so I haven't used that once I sold my D60). If it can handle Raw or Adobe negative format, I may consider using it~ :)

Well, there is also another impressive online photo management program that may even beat Google's Hellobot - https://www.flickr.com/browser/upgrade/?continue=%2F. It has strong social commenting features, 10 mb bandwidth, unlimited storage space, and its technology is just impressive. What's more, you need not download any program or install anything, it works on most browsers.